Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

High Altitude Props

I too abide by my local rules regarding UAS operation, however I think there are times when higher altitude takeoffs are allowed or necessitated. The AGL + 500 max I think combine to determine your actual maximum allowable altitude. At these altitudes there is really not much to see anyway.

Last edited:
OP is probably talking about launching from places like Denver which is already at 5000+ ft ASL. Which is allowed since the +400 ft is AGL

I think thats the case, we have the same AGL rules (but 300 feet!) total above sea level isn't a thing in our rules, could be the same in Finland where he says this was filmed....

Hi:

Last week was testing high altitude fly on Peruvian Andes. At 10,000 (3100 meters) at San Mateo, Peru, standard propellers behave erratically, high altitude propellers do a nice job. I also test the high-altitude propellers at 13500 feet, 5 to 8 m/s of wind speed without flying problems. Still photos were sometimes unsharp but many good to acceptable photos. At 6600 feet I have no problems with standard propellers.

In the photo with backlighted mountains, white snow spots are above 16000 feet. On August will test the limits of the I2 according to DJI, that is18000 on Cordillera Blanca.

Attachments

• DJI_0403-Pano.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • DJI_0419-Pano.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: deltalimatango
what altitude are the these props designed to work at? I guess what I mean is at what altitude should I replace the regular props with the high altitude?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan