Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

High camera temperature

Reaction score
My Inspire 1 arrived today (yay!) and while I was playing around upgrading firmware, flying the simulator, etc., with it turned on sitting on the ground, I noticed the camera is extremely hot -- too hot to touch without burning my fingers. Is this normal?

My Inspire 1 arrived today (yay!) and while I was playing around upgrading firmware, flying the simulator, etc., with it turned on sitting on the ground, I noticed the camera is extremely hot -- too hot to touch without burning my fingers. Is this normal?

No, I don't think it is. The camera has a small electric fan inside it which is supposed the help cool it. Does your camera make a whirring sound as you would expect it to if a fan was operating?

There should be a fan running whenever the aircraft is powered. It should be very easy to hear, inside anyway..

Yes, I hear a fan inside the camera which is separate from the fan inside the nose.

I just did the first flight, and the camera was cool when landing. I think it just needed some airflow :)

First flight was 30,000 ft total distance, out to a mile from base, so it definitely got lots of airflow :)

First flight was 30,000 ft total distance, out to a mile from base, so it definitely got lots of airflow :)

Perfect, I flew a flight this morning of 24,000 feet which went really well but I'm impressed with yours if 30,000 was your first flight! You're either going to break all the records (Amelia Earhart) or lose your Inspire trying!

Perfect, I flew a flight this morning of 24,000 feet which went really well but I'm impressed with yours if 30,000 was your first flight! You're either going to break all the records (Amelia Earhart) or lose your Inspire trying!
holy ****! I was stoked with 3500 ft this morning. LOL.
What is your altitude with that distance? And are you flying GPS or ATTI?

Day one, with a TB47 and a TB48 battery, I flew 112k feet total (21 miles), on 5 flights. My max distance from base was about 6000', at 350' altitude. I was EASILY able to see the aircraft at that distance, discern its orientation, and clear the airspace (at dusk). It was actually quite remarkable -- the Phantom 2 becomes invisible much sooner than that. I think it has to do with the positioning of the LED's on the Inspire 1 -- they are oriented outward, instead of downward as in the P2. Very easy to see it and tell red vs. green.

I fly mostly ATTI, only using GPS when I want it to hold its position for some reason or other, or activate RTH.

Last edited:

I can touch the camera but its borderline burn my fingers hot....... after i fly its not. I bet this is going to be a issue when the gimbal mount for the camera comes out in Q2

Reactions: catware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool