Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK HIRTA London

Reaction score
I am aware that I must apply for an Enhanced Non Standard Flight in central London, but having not operated in a HIRTA area before, what should I know? Do the HIRTA zones in London affect us? I have seen plenty of evidence of flights unaffected, but thought I better check before applying.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I am aware that I must apply for an Enhanced Non Standard Flight in central London, but having not operated in a HIRTA area before, what should I know? Do the HIRTA zones in London affect us? I have seen plenty of evidence of flights unaffected, but thought I better check before applying.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Like all HIRTA areas you should excercise caution since the affects can be unpredictable.
I would try and stay clear of any obvious Fresnel areas from microwave drums.
Any radio controlled device can be effected by another radio frequency given enough power! It doesn't have to be in the same spectrum band.
A receiver can easily get swamped with very high power rf and close down on its AGC circuitry. This effectively can make it 'deaf' to the frequency it should be listening to!
I'm sure you will be fine, but keep a very close eye on how your control inputs are being interpreted and the slightest hesitation or erratic or odd behaviour bring the aircraft back to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide