Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Horizon goes wonky only while recording

Reaction score
Website
www.justin-hofman.com
Hi all, I have a relatively new i2 with x7. I've noticed that if I record a clip that's longer than 20 or 30 seconds, the horizon starts to droop to one side. I can fly around for many minutes without an issue, but once I start recording, especially longer clips, then it starts to roll. It seems like I am constantly having to go into the 'gimbal adjust' menu to get it back to level. Luckily I live near the ocean so can use the straight line of the horizon as a reference when needed, but this is more of an issue because no matter how level I start with, by about 30 seconds it is noticeably wonky. When I scrub through the footage at higher playback rates, you can see the camera slowly rolling. It's very odd.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Again, it only happens when I record clips longer than about 30 seconds and seems to be more pronounced with certain lenses.

Hi all, I have a relatively new i2 with x7. I've noticed that if I record a clip that's longer than 20 or 30 seconds, the horizon starts to droop to one side. I can fly around for many minutes without an issue, but once I start recording, especially longer clips, then it starts to roll. It seems like I am constantly having to go into the 'gimbal adjust' menu to get it back to level. Luckily I live near the ocean so can use the straight line of the horizon as a reference when needed, but this is more of an issue because no matter how level I start with, by about 30 seconds it is noticeably wonky. When I scrub through the footage at higher playback rates, you can see the camera slowly rolling. It's very odd.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Again, it only happens when I record clips longer than about 30 seconds and seems to be more pronounced with certain lenses.
Search results for 'Inspire 2 horizon' :

I must reiterate that the horizon only starts to waver ** while recording **. I have done IMU calibrations and calibrate the gimbal almost every time I change lenses.
Did you read the threads I pointed to above?

General consensus is to downgrade the firmware.
You do not state what version you are running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan