Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Horizontal / Vertical Seperation

Reaction score
Hi All,

Still going through the issues of finding the right ground school and qualification route, but I have a question that a number of companies I have spoken to seem really "wooly" around.

I am happy of the 50m rule to separate between a controlled entity, so 2 questions really - does that mean in real terms that any building within 50m of a main road could not be inspected, as you cannot get the 50m separation between private land and public, and secondly, on a vertical route, if you have to maintain a minimum of 50m from the ground, does this also mean you cannot overfly any area which is public, as you are not control of third parties. Am i mis-interprating here ?

The 50m is a slant line from the aircraft - horizontal separation decreases as the aircraft ascends. The rule for take off/landing is 30m separation changing to 50m afterwards. So 50m altitude the horizontal separation is technically zero - though overflying is not allowed. Also it's not roads it's vehicles - if the road is quiet you can fly between vehicles passing. PM me if I can help.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84