Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do you handle flying with the i2?

Reaction score
I think the original case is not safe enough for an airplane cargo hold... what are you using to fly with your drone?
And have you an IATA link to download the regulations regarding flying with LIPO batteries?
Thanks!

I have checked the stock I2 case twice when flying with a pre-production unit when no other hard cases were available and it survived without issue but definitely not something I would recommend. Investing in a hard case is a very smart decision.

There are many case options out there. This is the one I am now using on my own I2 setup: DJI Inspire 2 Hard Pelican Case - Landing Mode | Advexure. IMO Pelican cases are the most solid out there.

Regarding battery regulations for commercial airliners, here are the US baggage regulations from the FAA. Highlighted in right is where the Inspire 2 TB50 Batteries are classified (97.58 Wh). Biggest thing to know here is you may carry as many as you wish on board as a carry on. You may check them in equipment but it is not recommended. All lithium batteries should be carried on.

FAA Lithium Ion Batteries.png

Hope this information helps. If you are outside the US there will likely be different battery regulations for commercial travel. We are only familiar with the FAA's regulations in the US.

I hope this information helps. Any further questions don't hesitate to reach out. Safe flying and travels with your I2.

-The Advexure Team

I have checked the stock I2 case twice when flying with a pre-production unit when no other hard cases were available and it survived without issue but definitely not something I would recommend. Investing in a hard case is a very smart decision.

There are many case options out there. This is the one I am now using on my own I2 setup: DJI Inspire 2 Hard Pelican Case - Landing Mode | Advexure. IMO Pelican cases are the most solid out there.

Regarding battery regulations for commercial airliners, here are the US baggage regulations from the FAA. Highlighted in right is where the Inspire 2 TB50 Batteries are classified (97.58 Wh). Biggest thing to know here is you may carry as many as you wish on board as a carry on. You may check them in equipment but it is not recommended. All lithium batteries should be carried on.

View attachment 14736

Hope this information helps. If you are outside the US there will likely be different battery regulations for commercial travel. We are only familiar with the FAA's regulations in the US.

I hope this information helps. Any further questions don't hesitate to reach out. Safe flying and travels with your I2.

-The Advexure Team

To add to this, I was recently popped for placing my Nikon D810 batteries into my luggage and I am in Finland so I am assuming this is now a world wide issue. The batteries were small and I had put them there before but now no longer. It took 3 days to get my luggage from Helsinki down to Rapallo, Italy. Luckily I had two batteries in the camera which lasted the three days and one in my Leica. Best to carry all batteries in hand carry to be safe. Now comes the hard part to get the batteries back from the airport. (@60 a piece, they ain't cheap)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1