Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do you shoot your fireworks?

Reaction score
In light of all of the American fireworks soon to be bursting in air, I wonder-

What settings do you use when shooting video and photos of fireworks at night? Anyone use any of the other photo modes (like AEB or long exposure) for capturing fireworks? X5 users: what lenses do you use for such a capture?

I've seen some great Inspire X5 night video **** with the following settings, but think ISO 100 might be more appropriate for fireworks bursts.

ISO 1600
Shutter 50
Aperture f/2
WB 4400

ISO 800
F/1.7
15mm
1/30

Great question as I will be shooting my first fireworks tonight but with my Phantom 4. Think I will go with auto and see how it turns out. Debating getting and inspire one but just worried the second I buy one they will come out with the new inspire since the prices so low.

Hi Guys ... Here's a video I shot on Fireworks using x3 and some post Production in Adobe ..
Mj

What settings did you use?

Hi I just left it on auto setting .. 100 iso and bumped up the EV a little ..
most work was done in post ..try not to have too much noise on the video as it will make
it hard to fix up in post ..
Mje

Here is what I have used for the last two years: settings 600 ISO aprox , 3000k white balance , landscape, 4K 24 frames ,this has worked perfect several times. I set the GoPros on the ground the same as well as the Nikon in front of the palace.
I did not dare to try my x5 yet. I have some fireworks at home, so this summer I will set up the x5 and shot off some to test how it would work. Here is an example, no changes made in post.

Reactions: Ascender

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan