Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How many satellites for your home point to be updated? (Poll)

What's the minimum amount of satellites it takes for YOUR Inspire's home point to be updated?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello!

I apologize if this topic seems redundant, but I would like to gather research on what the minimum amount of satellites you personally need for your Inspire's home point to be updated?

I realize that there are a lot of threads that discuss this, but from what I've seen, there really isn't a definitive number of satellites that is required. So, what's your personal experience? Cast your vote! Thanks in advance for your participation...

Regards,
Trevor

Hello!

I apologize if this topic seems redundant, but I would like to gather research on what the minimum amount of satellites you personally need for your Inspire's home point to be updated?

I realize that there are a lot of threads that discuss this, but from what I've seen, there really isn't a definitive number of satellites that is required. So, what's your personal experience? Cast your vote! Thanks in advance for your participation...

Regards,
Trevor
Number of satellites displayed is meaningless since it is simply that - a number. It gives no indication what constellation is being used and since the Inspire series use both Glonass and NAVSTAR (GPS) it is pointless looking at numbers.
What is important is the quality of the signal or Horizontal/Vertical Dilution of Presicion (HDOP/VDOP) which is indicated by the bar graph display next to the ‘number’ display.

This has been discussed previously (quite a few times) so please use the search function on the forum.

Basically, wait until the aircraft gets a fix and gives a ‘Homepoint Updated’ message. This can be any arbitrary number from 5-18 and will vary in time to fix based on many parameters.

I never take off unless the home point has been recorded. I never take off and less I have more than 10 satellites.

Number of satellites displayed is meaningless since it is simply that - a number. It gives no indication what constellation is being used and since the Inspire series use both Glonass and NAVSTAR (GPS) it is pointless looking at numbers.
What is important is the quality of the signal or Horizontal/Vertical Dilution of Presicion (HDOP/VDOP) which is indicated by the bar graph display next to the ‘number’ display.

This has been discussed previously (quite a few times) so please use the search function on the forum.

Basically, wait until the aircraft gets a fix and gives a ‘Homepoint Updated’ message. This can be any arbitrary number from 5-18 and will vary in time to fix based on many parameters.
Thanks for the feedback!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc