Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to become DJI Repair Tech

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if there was any info on how to become an authorized repair technician. I figure it could be good money between gigs, and people are always crashing their drones so it'd probably be steady money. But I was just wondering if there's any courses or trainings that you would have to go through to become one,

I would also be interested in finding out as well. Located here is Delaware. Between NY, PA and MD . . . . each area is less than a 2hr drive.

Certified DJI Repair Techs can only be DJI Certified through DJI Authorized Repair Centers that are operated by approved top tier dealers. We currently have a couple technician positions opens in Southern CA. Please email for additional information on our open positions.

Last edited:
Certified DJI Repair Techs can only be DJI Certified through DJI Authorized Repair Centers that are operated by approved top tier dealers. Those who are interested in Southern CA, WI or northern IL can get in contact with us for more information.

When I first got into drones my wife and I drove up to DJI from San Diego to their shop next to the John Wayne Airport. At the time the Inspire 1 was the hottest thing going. I was interested in the dual operator model. They were in the middle of loading up 6 OCTA copters 4 some Production Studio. I do not wish to sound racist or anything of that nature however all I ran into or three very rude young Chinese individuals who would not give me the time of day even though I was standing there was $6,000 in my hand. One of them in broken English said that I wasn't worth their time. Personally I do not like DJI however I do like my Inspire. I have found that there personnel both on the phone and face-to-face are very rude and I have not gone back to their new office as they have moved for fear that I would windup in jail for assault.

I now own two inspire ones. A single operator and a dual operator. I wound up buying my second Inspire 1 from a shop down in San Diego. With everybody wanting to be in the movies I am kind of hem hawing about purchasing an Inspire 2. I do want to do some production work but I am leaning more and more towards the agricultural field and there are a lot of AG drones out there and the top AG drones are not made by DJI who does make one but cannot do heavy lifting and long flight times that would be required. I have learned with DJI that you take what they have to say and that best only believe half of it

When I first got into drones my wife and I drove up to DJI from San Diego to their shop next to the John Wayne Airport. At the time the Inspire 1 was the hottest thing going. I was interested in the dual operator model. They were in the middle of loading up 6 OCTA copters 4 some Production Studio. I do not wish to sound racist or anything of that nature however all I ran into or three very rude young Chinese individuals who would not give me the time of day even though I was standing there was $6,000 in my hand. One of them in broken English said that I wasn't worth their time. Personally I do not like DJI however I do like my Inspire. I have found that there personnel both on the phone and face-to-face are very rude and I have not gone back to their new office as they have moved for fear that I would windup in jail for assault.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. DJI does not have any locations in the US that DJI operates themselves as all retail locations are dealer-run operations. I'm not sure who your experience on the phone was with but DJI is aware of their issues in after sales support. Our Advexure personnel is doing their best to pick up the slack and voice customer concerns back to DJI for improvement.

Also I do not recommend updating firmware 10. The the DJI geofencing is AFU. Where I live in fly I have checked against a TAC chart and I am in a Class D airspace however my drone leave it to be in a class E airspace they're only off buy a couple miles. That leaves me to believe that are there they can't read a map or know what a mile is. I put all my drone back to Firmware 9 and all is good now. Dear DJI please pull your head out of your ***. You have set the standard and built a fine product, so you don't have to be a **** about it.

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. DJI does not have any locations in the US that DJI operates themselves as all retail locations are dealer-run operations. I'm not sure who your experience on the phone was with but DJI is aware of their issues in after sales support. Our Advexure personnel is doing their best to pick up the slack and voice customer concerns back to DJI for improvement.

Yes when they were next to the John Wayne Airport they did have a shop. I called them they gave me directions I went there I checked out the floor models in the showroom and was treated very poorly. If it was not for my wife I would have gone to jail that day. I own and operate a yacht maintenance business. Many of my clients could buy DJI with the change in their ashtrays of their cars. Not all of my clients nice or polite. Some are, some are not, but I treat them with equal respect. I treat all of my clientele with a great deal of respect. From The Young Family Guy with a 25 foot Bayliner to the guy who owns an 80-foot Motor yacht.

Sorry for getting off subject however I have been in contact with one of the technical Institutes that advertised on TV and spoke with them about offering a course on drone repair. I spoke with one of the lead administrators and they were incredibly interested in my idea of them starting up a drone repair class. I will be going down to speak with them in the next week or two as soon as we get caught up on our work as the rain has got us way behind. I will post the results of my meeting.

@Advexure I am located just about an hour outside of LA. I'm looking to become a certified technician, where can I go to get more information? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk