Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to find out if I am buying a 100% never flown inspire

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am buying an inspire with a 5x camera on Wednesday.
It's a second hand one but the guys says that he has never flown it and has never used it at all.

How could I be sure that it has never been used at all?. I would go to pick it up but I want to find out if there is a way of knowing 100% sure that it's never been used at all.... not even just to hover it briefly....

Thanks

Reactions: David Cundiff
Pull the DAT files. I don't think those get wiped. One is created for every power on event. If there are several, or they are big files, it's probably been flown.

Thanks Ianwood. How can you do that when I get there?. I thought they were liked to an email and you have to open an account and so on?

I just found it that you connect the craft to the computer. I tried with my P3P but it's not connecting (despite I connect to the "Flight Data Mode" in the app) to my mac (I have "El Capitan" operating system). Anyone can help finding out why the drone is not connecting to my MAC?.

I tried to look for Mac drivers out there but I can't find any.... Any ideas?

Or a used Inspire 1 unit that has been to the DJI factory for various reasons and been "reset" by DJI.
Its nearly impossible to tell mileage on a Inspire 1 but of the DJI reset it...it's likely they checked it out for proper functionality. If flown 6 different Inspire 1 and they all generally feel the same. One had 400 flights and recently returned from a FPV related issue and DJI gave it a clean bill of health.

Its nearly impossible to tell mileage on a Inspire 1 but of the DJI reset it...it's likely they checked it out for proper functionality. If flown 6 different Inspire 1 and they all generally feel the same. One had 400 flights and recently returned from a FPV related issue and DJI gave it a clean bill of health.

Yes one would guess its properly checked out by DJI at that point, but there was probably a reason it went to DJI in the first place, even though they fixed it and then checked it out for any remaining problems. Question is how thorough their test procedure is?
But yes i agree that it should have been checked out by DJI.

As a matter of fact my Inspire 1 that i bought was probably reset by DJI since i bought it in the shop as a not brand new unit but in very good condition. So i was expecting it to already be activated to somebody else's DJI account, but to my surprise it was not activated. So my thought was that it has maybe been back to DJI, even though i didn't see any traces of use on the bird, not even under it´s feet.
So far it has worked like any other unit that works good, ("knock on wood").

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool