Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to fix a transmitter error?

Reaction score
During an attempt to update my new Inspire 1 and transmitter, I mistakenly turned off the transmitter while it was trying to update (blue light showing). Now all I get is a blinking red light and a very annoying constant beeping! The manual refers to this condition as a "transmitter error" but I can not find anywhere in the manual where provides a solution. Any body have a solution for this situation?

Many thanks in advance :)

During an attempt to update my new Inspire 1 and transmitter, I mistakenly turned off the transmitter while it was trying to update (blue light showing). Now all I get is a blinking red light and a very annoying constant beeping! The manual refers to this condition as a "transmitter error" but I can not find anywhere in the manual where provides a solution. Any body have a solution for this situation?

Many thanks in advance :)
I'm a newbie, but it seems many say don't update firmware yet. I'm curious to know then when???

Sorry I know that is no help!

You can try wiping your card/USB stick, copying the firmware again and retrying the update.
If that doesn't work try DJI support, they might have a solution... which may ultimately be to send it back for repair.

Thank you Kilrah. Yes. I have tried two different micro chips and a USB memory stick with no success. I also searched the actual error code ( RC FPGA error ) on the DJI web site to look for a solution, again without success. I then sent the question to the DJI 24/7 tech support (which is a total joke! You can send a question in 24/7 ,but they only man the support desk M-F 8 to 5). So at this point, I'm resigned to wait to hear back from DJI, hopefully on Monday morning. :(

@x-tremephoto fear not same thing happened to me and I was able to fix it. When I called DJI the guy sounded like it was really bad and like the remote was done for. Lucky for me we got disconnected and I kept trying. I believe what I did was load (and this is important!) ONLY the .bin file on to the memory card. Put it in the gimbal and turn on the Inspire. Make sure it updates, when done with that take a mini USB and plug into the back of the gimbal with both the RC and Inspire on. It will beep and be red for maybe 30 sec to 1 min and then change to that beautiful blue that means it's updating. Once it starts doing that, keep your hands to yourself and don't molest your inspire till she's done updating. Best of luck and hope this helps! Fly on brother...

Thanks "ThatShot", I will try that as soon as I get home from work today and I'll let you know how it goes.

If I'm not mistaken yes that was the one, it was several days ago and I like you had not even flown the inspire yet (wanted to make sure all my ducks were in a row). Then it went south on the update :(. So when I did get it to work you could imagine my relieve, so much so I kind of forgot about everything else ha ha. I do think that was the failure code given though fwiw.

I just off the phone with tech support in LA (after waiting on the phone for 40 min.) Talked with Mark. Mark looked up the error code of RC FPGA with absolutely no suggestions for a fix!!! His has instructed me to send it LA and they will fix it with a turn around time of 5-6 WEEKS!!!!!! Still gunna try any any all suggested fixes from all you nice folks first.

Found on dji forum copy and paste

Last edited by [email protected] In 2015-3-19 22:35 Editor

Hi everybody!

I got my firmware upgrade message when tried to fly drone, today. Went back home and followed all the steps as per manual. Drone and Slave RC upgrades went fine. Unfortunately the Master RC upgrade failed and continued to fail whatever I tried, as per other hobbyists tweaks. Nothing really worked. Formatting, Upgrading through either Stick or USB or from Gimbal, my master RC would report error and be flashing red with frequent beeps. I gave up and set my Slave as Master RC, rebound it with Drone and had a few FPV flights. When I came back home, I tried to set up my former Master as Slave ignoring flashing and beeping red light and then tried again, exactly like:
1. micro stick format from DJI App connected a Master RC,
2. then coppied firmware file to formatted Micro SD again
3. then powered on Master RC
4. then Drone
5. then connected Slave RC though miscro USB cable with Camera/Gimbal
6. powered on Slave and.... at first it would red flash and beep again for some 10-20 seconds and then turn into normal upgrade state (blue leds and quadraple beeps).....

after a bit longer waiting for upgrade progress, IT WORKED OUT. I could upgrade and make it work my former Master RC as new Slave. Got a great relief since there is no DJI service nereby in Kazakhstan and I ordered my kit among the first customers from US and probably has very frist HW version.

Wish it works for you too, guys
Nurlan (DJI picked up the first part of my [email protected] as my name )))
PS: Dear DJI guys/moderators:
1. pleaase change my name as Nurlan, for this Forum and
2. do fix your upgrade file to eliminate such flitches when SW upgrade fails, reported as HW problem and forces your customers to exercise warranty replacements of RCs. Obviousely this has something to do with your current SW updrage version behaviour on some of erilier RC HW releases.

Yes, I found this also a day or so ago. Sadly, I only have the single controller ( no slave and master). Again, thank you, ever so much for the find. It looks like I'll have to send it back. However, it won't link up to put back into travel mode, so it won't even fit back into the box! GOOD TIMES! NOT!! I think I found a possible solution by using the screw hole in the bottom of the aircraft. Gunna try that next, then have a cocktail!!!!

Not to question your ability but are you sure only the .bin file is on the card. I made that mistake and didn't even realize it. I had the folder from the download and the other crap on the card.

I just hate to see you loose it for WEEKS! And you haven't even had your maiden flight yet. Trust me when I tell you, it's a dream to fly! I am currently downed due to broken propellers :( my fault though.

NOW the screw under the craft which is supposed to move it into "travel mode" manually won't budge!!!!!!!!!!

I remember I tried and it didn't work but maybe it did something? I did it before I tried the update when it was successful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry