Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to flash/update firmware on N1 Video encoder for Inspire 1 w/FLIR Vue Pro

Reaction score
Hey folks. Have been experiencing horrid video latency while attempting to view my FLIR Vue Pro 336 in my DJI Go app on an Inspire 1. I just spoke to the awesome guys at Drones Plus Dallas, but caught them minutes before closing, so I was left hanging with this piece of advice. They said I needed to flash and update the firmware on the NI video encoder itself and that will cut out the latency problem, even using an analog feed. Can I do that without an Matrice 100, and with which firmware? Do I go through the DJI Assistant 2? I am using the old version of Assistant 2 from 2017 since it allows me more freedom. Will this be possible? The procedure? I'm afraid to do this without any instruction for fear that I might inadvertently brick something. I've been toiling with this problem for 2 months now and just about at wits end considering how much money I've spent already, yet am so close to making it all work. Please, compadres...I need your help!

Adam: I just got through answering the same question by another forum member. Forgive me for cutting & pasting my reply to him here in this msg. I bought a Mavic 2 Pro around Christmas time and after the first few flights I somehow managed to “forget” that I even owned another drone. :) to answer your question, no I did not. I would like to figure out how to do it still, because I’ve got that awesome little thermal imager sitting around gathering dust, basically. I need and want to put it to work. If you ever sort out the method, pls shoot me a note. thx. john

Reactions: oldcomputech

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido