Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to install bird side antenna mod.

Reaction score
I purchased a antenna mod for my Inspire1 but it came without instructions. My problem is I don't know where the black and red wires go and where does the loose cable in the pic go?
IMG_0321.jpgIMG_0322.jpg

I purchased a antenna mod for my Inspire1 but it came without instructions. My problem is I don't know where the black and red wires go and where does the loose cable in the pic go?
View attachment 7570View attachment 7571
Yes - thank you for introducing yourself. :rolleyes:
I would suggest you go back to your supplier and ask for some instructions.
The wires are marked (in felt tip pen) on the rf shielding although looking at the quality of the soldering on those F connectors I would say the whole thing should be placed carefully in the trash before the sockets break off.
To answer your question - the flylead appears to be supplied to convert one of the lightbridge outputs to a standarf F-Connector which will then feed into the rf in
The red and black leads are obviously power to the UBEC which must be tapped off from a suitable point.

Yes you are right, allow me to introduce myself. I go by Jaybones and I'm from Seattle, my occupation is or was auto repair shop owner. Due to the doctor giving me a expiration date within the next year because of a bad heart my wife and I are currently traveling the country. My mind and memory are not what they used to be and the instructions that I got from the supplier are not in english.
Air side booster mod kit - FPVLR
I'm doing my best but I kind of need someone to clear up the instructions and translate them to english. Thank you very much for your response and I look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Hi there are 4 cables coming from the on board lightbridge.

2 of them (the 2 center cables) have grey heat shrink tubing, and the 2 outer cables have black heat shrink tubing. The 2 outer ones carry the video signal and you need to upgrade one of those.

Ok how do you do that when the end of the cable is different. Also where do the red and black wires go?

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 86
Ok how do you do that when the end of the cable is different. Also where do the red and black wires go?

in the kit there is both the cable you show which is a u.fl to rp-sma (for upgrading the P3), and a mmcx to SmA MAle and and a mmcx to sma female

We just got a special cable made just for INspire and Matrice which is mmcx to mmcx, so you use one cable instead of the 2 provided in the kit to achieve the same thing.

I broke one of the antennas and could not find a replacement.

Oh, **** that was not fun to hear. Have you bought another antenna? I was thinking of doing the same as you, just to increase my signal due to that i live in a CE country. How did everything work out for you, did you manage to install it?

Last edited:
Hi there are 4 cables coming from the on board lightbridge.

2 of them (the 2 center cables) have grey heat shrink tubing, and the 2 outer cables have black heat shrink tubing. The 2 outer ones carry the video signal and you need to upgrade one of those.

maybe you could help him out with some pics seeing as its your kit he is using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla