Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I am waiting for the Mavic Enterprise. Here is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am waiting for the Mavic Enterprise. Here is why.

I know this is an Inspire group but I suspect there are many professionals here that may be considering a Mavic 2 Pro.

The new Mavic 2 models are amazing. The improvements and design is almost as ground breaking as the original model. Improvements in power consumption/management, Occusync 2.0, sensor sensitivity and omnidirectional placement as well as improvements in APAS and flight time. Not to mention the Hasselblad/Sony Combo that produces near studio quality images and videos. Just wow.

However, I want more. I want the ability to put different sensors on the craft. I imagine a gimbal with an innovative design to make swapping sensors a breeze. Of course different camera lenses but I want access to the XT2 thermal sensors, Z30 imaging and perhaps other interesting add-on like speakers and payload delivery systems. Couple it with RTK GPS for centimeter accuracy and we have an industrial enterprise drone with a small form factor that can be readily applied to a commercial drone business or use within an enterprise, police force, rescue or emergency services. Coupled with a revised controller with new option wheels and buttons and an embedded Crystal Sky display. Yea..wow.

I suspect this will sell for a $400-500 premium over the Pro for a base model at let’s say $1950 with a good Hasselblad camera with a different focal length than the Pro. Add on accessories like thermal cameras, hi-gain antenna, speakers, and the other stuff I mentioned and it would be a killer package. Add extra batteries, sensors and such and it’s not not unreasonable to expect a $3000-$8000 bill. Within range of professionals and enterprises as well as municipalities rescue services.

I don’t know if any of this will come to bear, it’s all total speculation and wish list. But if a good measure of this is true, I will be glad I waited a few months for the Enterprise model. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84