Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I Pad Air 2 overheats even faster after update

Reaction score
Flew today with Air 2. 79 degrees and cloudy. 10 minutes in and video went to crap, recorded to ssd like that as well. Latest version on I2 and go4. I have a video shoot on 10/9 to show some potential clients why they should hire us. We are screwed now! (Of course I got the cpu overloaded message and the tablet overheated)

My Air 2 has just about reached the end of the line with GO 4 with the video breaking up. Time for an iPad Pro A10X soon. Don't know if the new iPad is any faster than the Air 2 or not.

Flew today with Air 2. 79 degrees and cloudy. 10 minutes in and video went to crap, recorded to ssd like that as well.

If it affected the SSD video as well then it is highly unlikely that was the result of a problem with your iPad...

My thoughts are that DJI is slowly forcing us to purchase their new display. After awhile none of the iPads or android tablets will work with the Go4 app without overheating or CPU warnings.

Reactions: N.J.
My thoughts are that DJI is slowly forcing us to purchase their new display. After awhile none of the iPads or android tablets will work with the Go4 app without overheating or CPU warnings.

I'd almost bet that the OS in the Crystal Sky won't be any better than the top of the line Android or iPad processor or GPU within them, probably has meager RAM, as well as weak battery life and warranty both. DJI isn't known for quality or even products that work right out of the box (e.g. Focus Wheel 2 mess on bolting it up, 'cause it don't.). Then there is the likely possibility they will also screw up the Crystal Sky OS in time as well as well as locking out some 3rd party apps much like they've done with the P4 Pro+ with its attached screen.

I had hopes the new Cendence RC might not be prone to random shutdowns for a $1,000 radio, but it seems they do. And so does my I2 RC unit as well which I thought the Cendence might fix that matter. Wrong.

Why not go back to DJI Go 4.0.8. Later DJI Go 4 do not seem much more advantage than consuming CPU and GPU power.

I’m not super familiar with go4 but can you lessen the speed of the image transmission like you can on go for the i1?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb