Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I1 for mapping

Reaction score
I was just given anI1 w/ 6 batteries, 2 controllers, I2 gimbal mount and a very nice landing mode hard case and many other extras. It came with an x3 camera. My question is what camera can I put on the I1 that has a mechanical shutter? I have searched every way I can think of and haven’t come up with a definite answer. I want to use it for mapping. Thank you for any advice. I hope it is possible, this could be a head start on a new revenue stream.

You can only put DJI cameras on the I1 and have it work with the system. DJI only makes five cameras that fit the I1 mount. None have a mechanical shutter that I know.

ZENMUSE X3 changable fixed lens
ZENMUSE X5 bigger image sensor than x3, changable lenses
ZENMUSE X5R same size as X5, shoot RAW images, changable lenses
ZENMUSE XT IR camera
ZENMUSE Z3 zoom lens

Any of the cameras will work for mapping. XT could make an IR map. Don't know how useful that will be.

Last edited:
You can only put DJI cameras on the I1 and have it work with the system. DJI only makes five cameras that fit the I1 mount. None have a mechanical shutter that I know.

ZENMUSE X3 changable lenses
ZENMUSE XT IR camera
ZENMUSE Z3 zoom lens

Any of the cameras will work for mapping. XT could make an IR map. Don't know how useful that will be.
Yes Sir, that does help. Thank you for the reply. I do have the I2 mount on my I1 and was hoping there was a camera with a mechanical shutter that would work. I haven’t heard of the XT. Like I said I’m pretty new at this. Again, thank you for your help I am grateful to have a resource so deep in experience.

The X4S for the I2 was a light weight mechanical shutter camera. They have been very hard to find for a few years. Keep your eyes open for a used one if your gimbal mount will support it. We have never tried that combination.

I used an I1 for mapping successfully for several years using an X3.
Now using an I2 with an X4s. It is a very good setup. Good luck.

Thank you, that is encouraging to hear. I had an idea it had to have been used because the I1 has gotten so much praise and is still being used for many other things. I was just concerned about the rolling shutter and it’s limitations. Again thank you for your response.

I’ll give that a try. I’m just starting on this journey and have a lot to learn. I have joined the Drone U community and am excited about all of the possibilities ahead. I am grateful for any advice and wisdom shared with me. I am looking forward to living the drone life.

Last edited:

ZENMUSE X3 changable lenses
ZENMUSE XT IR camera
ZENMUSE Z3 zoom lens

X3 does not have interchangeable lens.

The X4S for the I2 was a light weight mechanical shutter camera. They have been very hard to find for a few years. Keep your eyes open for a used one if your gimbal mount will support it. We have never tried that combination.

Shutter SpeedMechanical Shutter: 8 – 1/2000s
Electronic Shutter: 1/2000 – 1/8000s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk