Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I1 /P3/P4 Same issue with Fat Shark

Reaction score
So I bought the Dominator V3's and am somewhat disappointed. The crisp video people say you get doesn't work for me as I can't see very well up close. I bought the Diopter kit and was surprised to see they only provide - power numbers. I am a positive. So a lot of the video and info is blurry. The other issue is the DVR. I know it says that the DVR only works or analog signal. I am not sure what that means. I have them plugged directly into my remote using the Hdmi ports so all I get is a blank screen recorded. So how do you get video? Is it through using the transmitter/receiver mode or can you hook up something using the video cable supplied?

You'd need to find a way to convert the HDMI output to a traditional analogue video signal, then connect the dominators to that using the supplied RCA plug video cable (Round phono type plugs in red, yellow and white - IIRC the yellow one is video).
Heres a HDMI TO composite converter - although I cannot vouch for it's quality or usability - LINK

I must point out by the way that you really shouldn't use FPV goggles with the Inspire or any other multirotor with a 2 or 3 axis gimbal, the chances of getting disorieted are just far too high, you need to maintain LOS, plus depending on where you fly if you record the images and use FPV goggles then you would probably be breaking the law...

I must point out by the way that you really shouldn't use FPV goggles with the Inspire or any other multirotor with a 2 or 3 axis gimbal, the chances of getting disorieted are just far too high, you need to maintain LOS, plus depending on where you fly if you record the images and use FPV goggles then you would probably be breaking the law...

I found one similar to the one you suggested although this one requires a small power source from a USB to Mini Usb cable. I first tried to use the USB out from remote (which did not work) I then moved on to using a computer usb out with still no luck. Just a blank screen.

Would spending a few hundred more to buy the Fatshark Flagship line HD V2's be any better?

Send me a PM with more detail. I actually thought using the stock camera would be a better deal then having to install another system and having to use radio signals

I'm a bit confused as to what you are tring to acheive here - The video signal from the onboard camera can be recorded in the onboard camera at the same time as it is streamed to the remote. You shouldn't need to use any kind of DVR unless you are trying to record a sepearate feed such as a simple FPV camera mounted on the forward section of your drone - that would require a sepearate transmission channel and receiver such as the Fatsharks...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08