Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I1 V2.0 modified maximum range etc.

Reaction score
I know about the more powerful motors, redesigned ESC´s and new prop lock system etc. on the V2.0 I1, but i also heard a couple of people talking about more powerful transmitter and aircraft, is this true and where can this info be found?

I asked DJI about this and got an answer that is not so easily understood as usual and can mean a couple of different things. Some of what they wrote in regards to my above question was:

"The maximum range has been modified but the adjustments in technical specifications have no bearing on the onboard Lightbridge system. DJI's proprietary video-transmission hardware has not been altered in any way"

So this range thing is it that it has gotten better because of the more powerful TX, or is it that it has gotten inferior, which i also have heard people talk about that the range will be less than before on a new firmware update.
If the range has been extended i would like to know the approximate difference between the new and the old Inspire 1, and if owners of the old I1 can get the better range by buying the new remote etc.?

P.S. By the way, will the old Inspire 1, V1.0 not be able to carry the X5 camera since it doesn't have the more powerful motors, or will it be able to do it but with shorter flight time than the V2.0 / PRO?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian