Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

i2 acting funny

Reaction score
It's not mine, but I flew it for 3 weekends in a row end of May beginning of June. I love it, a wonderful machine, was using x5s w/ 45mm & x4s, very happy with the bird and cameras.
Since then, the owner, who doesn't know much about the unit, updated firmware and began using his own tablet, iPad Pro, and he reported that he was having issues.
I took it out Sunday am and can't figure out what is going on with it.
The bird has the strangest response to yaw, it responds very slowly and doesn't stop yaw without major correction. It yaws way too slowly to fly comfortably.
It also now is limited to 40m vertical and 60m horizontal?
I own many DJI products, have or had P1, P2, i1, Mavic Pro and was using DJI hardware on my earlier drones, Matrix, aquacopter, DroneH2O, and fpv racers. I'm fairly experienced with DJI go & Go4, I went thru every screen looking for a strange setting but couldn't find anything out of the normal.
When I was flying it earlier in the year, I had adjusted the yaw expo to smooth out results with great sucess, so that was the first thing I checked and reset. Still yaw function is way off anything I've ever experienced.
Max height still set at 120m and max distance at 1000m, but I still couldn't get the bird to fly more than 200' away or 120' high.
Any ideas or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: cvanhoose
For the yaw issue I suggest you go to the Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings > Sensitivity and adjust Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode to zero.That should correct the yaw issue. If that corrects the issue then adjust it back to your personal liking which should be below 30-40.

Reactions: DamesNY and NickU
Hi there! How is it going?

I would recommend you check the environment that you took the Bird into, see if theres signals to make interference and other kind`s of antennas that throw signals to tv...com's antennas... See if theres any dust inside the aircraft, and if you have the right tools...check the antennas, i check them every time im going out on a operation. Once i opened a antenna compartment for the first time and one of them was disconnected...from factory. Pair the bats, check the motors, check the curvature of the props. Check everything before you go to software. Than go to configs...change the configs flying and not on the ground..so you can see the difference in mid air, big open space. if resist, reinstall the app and as latest resource, downgrade the i2.

Djis fever drones is getting dificuld to identify patterns in their drone problems, every single aircraft have a sigularity of problems...i`ve been noticing that, and sometimes, theres no solution.

Sorry if i didn't helped.

My best regards.

When he installed and updated all the firmware and maybe GO as well, did he log into his account to unlock it out of the "Lockdown flight mode?" Sounds like he didn't log in to his account in GO and fully unlock all the GEO stuff that came with the newest updates. I believe some of that stuff is also locked to the bird itself even if you change the tablet out. I know when I uninstall GO and reinstall it, some of the sensitivity settings remain in the new GO, but camera stuff seems to change.

Hi there! How is it going?

I would recommend you check the environment that you took the Bird into, see if theres signals to make interference and other kind`s of antennas that throw signals to tv...com's antennas... See if theres any dust inside the aircraft, and if you have the right tools...check the antennas, i check them every time im going out on a operation. Once i opened a antenna compartment for the first time and one of them was disconnected...from factory. Pair the bats, check the motors, check the curvature of the props. Check everything before you go to software. Than go to configs...change the configs flying and not on the ground..so you can see the difference in mid air, big open space. if resist, reinstall the app and as latest resource, downgrade the i2.

Djis fever drones is getting dificuld to identify patterns in their drone problems, every single aircraft have a sigularity of problems...i`ve been noticing that, and sometimes, theres no solution.

Sorry if i didn't helped.

My best regards.
Thanks for the info.
I've only flown the bird in the same place, at the beach over the ocean.
I don't think it would be dust as the bird is still fairly pristine, has only had about 20 flights, 18 of them me flying.
I can't speak for the antennas, I will look into this further.
thanks again

Reactions: nandoarr
When he installed and updated all the firmware and maybe GO as well, did he log into his account to unlock it out of the "Lockdown flight mode?" Sounds like he didn't log in to his account in GO and fully unlock all the GEO stuff that came with the newest updates. I believe some of that stuff is also locked to the bird itself even if you change the tablet out. I know when I uninstall GO and reinstall it, some of the sensitivity settings remain in the new GO, but camera stuff seems to change.
I can't say what he did, he's a bit of a button pusher without knowing if he should or why.
I plan on using my iPad mini 2 and playing with it later today.
I'll check on the account and "Lockdown flight mode"
Thanks for the help

I've noticed that over-yawing thing since the latest update today. I flew the P4 yesterday and it stops the yaw fine with same iPad and GO 4.1.3. With the I2 now, If I want to yaw 90 degrees it goes 180 degrees before it stops. Very slow to respond to a "Stop That Yawing!" command.

I was thinking maybe DJI wanted to smooth out the yaw video stuff in the I2, but it is really odd if that's their plan.

I've also got some horizon tilt stuff going on now too with the 4XS camera. Had to do a -1.9 and then I kept changing it while flying. Dunno there, unless it was because I did the IMU cal. with the X5S mounted.

Fwiw, the 4XS is a lot softer than my X5S with its stock or 45mm Oly lens. I only used the 4XS today in case the thing went firmware bonkers, but just the yaw nonsense and tilt thing now.

Regarding the yaw issue, check out Florida drone supplies posts above, that usually resolves that sort of yaw issue.

Another way to check is to switch the gimbal to free mode instead of Follow Mode, or to switch the aircraft to atti and see how it responds... if the problem goes away, then it's pretty much a dead cert it's that setting mentioned by fds.

Flight limitation happened to me. My account got logged out in the DJI 4 app. You have to me logged in to have that distance limitation removed. I guess a security feature to prevent bozos from wrecking havoc

This is very embarrassing if you turn up on site in an area with no or limited signal and the whole job is debunked because of a DJI protocol that is not always practical.!!!

Also Not sure if anyone has experienced a regular logging out of the DJI 4 app and being presented with a log back in on app box!! Not funny when trying to film or orientate the camera!!

Also Not sure if anyone has experienced a regular logging out of the DJI 4 app and being presented with a log back in on app box!! Not funny when trying to film or orientate the camera!!

Never seen this to be honest, logged in once and it sticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters