Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 TB50 Firmware help

Reaction score
Website
www.altilux.com
I have had zero issues with my I2 for years and use it for commercial projects. Today I finally got around to installing the latest update to my I2 and TB50s. All went perfect. BUT NOW I am unable to take off. I am getting a message that my batteries are below the demand of 15C. Checking the temp on the batteries, they were both 18-19C. They were at 60% charge. Now I read that the new firmware prevents taking off below 15C. That is inconsistent with the specs and where in the world is the battery heaters that I have always depended on? I have done projects at -20F without any issues. Is it now impossible to take off below 15C? If that is the case, my Montana USA projects are hammered. That cannot be true DJI, is it? Or is this an issue of simply trying to take off with less than full charge?

I have had zero issues with my I2 for years and use it for commercial projects. Today I finally got around to installing the latest update to my I2 and TB50s. All went perfect. BUT NOW I am unable to take off. I am getting a message that my batteries are below the demand of 15C. Checking the temp on the batteries, they were both 18-19C. They were at 60% charge. Now I read that the new firmware prevents taking off below 15C. That is inconsistent with the specs and where in the world is the battery heaters that I have always depended on? I have done projects at -20F without any issues. Is it now impossible to take off below 15C? If that is the case, my Montana USA projects are hammered. That cannot be true DJI, is it? Or is this an issue of simply trying to take off with less than full charge?
I believe that that is just sloppy programing and that the info in the message is not relevant to the real issue. The issue might be that your batteries were not fully charged. Just charge to 100% and see if you get the same message under the same conditions with the same batteries. My guess is that you won't and that you'll be fine for take-off. Let us know.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
Thanks. You read my mind. I was in a hurry so I simply grabbed a discharged 55% battery to check out the new firmware, etc. After the failure I charged it up to 75% and it took off fine, BUT the battery was heated up to 25C from the charge. So I think I will fully charge a set, and then let them cool down and give it a shot. Thanks again.....

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
Thanks MMarian. Filled my batteries to 100%, setup on the cool MT evening and let the battery temps dropp to 14C. Turned everything on and the heaters kicked on and it was ready to fly. Turned on the motors and all looks good. It does seem that there is a bug in DJI's code that does not like low battery levels when the batt temps get close to the 15C threshold. Weird for sure.

same here. TB50s that were not fully charged and also a bit cold (14C) were flagged as "Cannot Fly - cold batteries"; onsite heating did not help. Furthermore, when checked back at the office, AC still reports "Cannot Fly - cold" even though battery reports 20C inside. Charging the battery pair to 100% seems to restore it to proper operation. The "cold" flag seems to get stuck, and can only be released on the charger. Strange.

same here. TB50s that were not fully charged and also a bit cold (14C) were flagged as "Cannot Fly - cold batteries"; onsite heating did not help. Furthermore, when checked back at the office, AC still reports "Cannot Fly - cold" even though battery reports 20C inside. Charging the battery pair to 100% seems to restore it to proper operation. The "cold" flag seems to get stuck, and can only be released on the charger. Strange.
TBH I doubt that there is any connection between temperature and the message. I think that it is a bug in the software which causes the low temperature warning to pop up when in fact the "problem" is that batteries were not charged above certain level. It looks like a charge threshold level condition has been built-in into this new FW and when this condition is not met the temperature warning pops up. That is my conclusion...

Reactions: sdunwell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD