Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ideal dual controller setup with Crystal Sky

Reaction score
Hello! I've got two controllers, one with CS and one ready for a tablet, probably a wifi only iPod pro 32 or 128 gb. My question to you learned folks out there is which one should be the slave for camera control only and which to fly the aircraft?

That is a great question that probably does not have a right or wrong answer. Personally as the pilot I want to have a very good view of what and where I am flying. As the camera operator I want the same :) Who ever is controlling the exposure may need the better monitor unless the camera operator really knows how to read a histogram and or the available waveform and has learned to trust them.

Reactions: Cruncher and Jeff48
We use the CS on the camera op’s controller. Go 4 is great for the camera op, so the difficulty of running 3rd party apps on the CS is moot. I run a Mini 4 on the pilot controller so I can run Litchi or Autopilot if I want.

Reactions: Shamus
We run the 5.5 CS on the Master and the 7.85 HB CS on the Slave. Camera operator gets the largest screen. As drone operator, I have zero complaints about the smaller screen. The price difference between a high quality tablet and a 5.5 CS is minimal for a dedicated device that will be supported by DJI for years to come.

Reactions: Shamus
We run the 5.5 CS on the Master and the 7.85 HB CS on the Slave. Camera operator gets the largest screen. As drone operator, I have zero complaints about the smaller screen. The price difference between a high quality tablet and a 5.5 CS is minimal for a dedicated device that will be supported by DJI for years to come.
Thanks Jeff, I will consider it!

Reactions: Jeff48
That is a great question that probably does not have a right or wrong answer. Personally as the pilot I want to have a very good view of what and where I am flying. As the camera operator I want the same :) Who ever is controlling the exposure may need the better monitor unless the camera operator really knows how to read a histogram and or the available waveform and has learned to trust them.
Thanks for the info!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah