Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IMU initializing for ever.

Reaction score
Don't know if this is asked before or answered but i am getting IMU issues. it just initializes but never stops the initialization process. Just says wait till IMU initialization finished dont move aircraft till done. But never finishes. Whats going on here? usually it happens when i go for second flight (new battery) right after 1st flight. its like it needs time to COOL down? cause after a while it works fine, Never had this issues before doing multi flights back to back. Would a IMU calibration help or other problem... Just asking before i go ahead with any fix attempts.

(battery temps were cool room temp fully charged)

Don't know if this is asked before or answered but i am getting IMU issues. it just initializes but never stops the initialization process. Just says wait till IMU initialization finished dont move aircraft till done. But never finishes. Whats going on here? usually it happens when i go for second flight (new battery) right after 1st flight. its like it needs time to COOL down? cause after a while it works fine, Never had this issues before doing multi flights back to back. Would a IMU calibration help or other problem... Just asking before i go ahead with any fix attempts.

(battery temps were cool room temp fully charged)
Have you had a crash or very hard landing?
This is usually an indication that you have a damaged lightbridge cooling fan with possibly a fin missing.
This throws the fan out of balance and causes vibration s which means the IMU can not calibrate/initialise.

Have you had a crash or very hard landing?
This is usually an indication that you have a damaged lightbridge cooling fan with possibly a fin missing.
This throws the fan out of balance and causes vibration s which means the IMU can not calibrate/initialise.
I have had 1 hard landing but that was like a year ago and like 100 flights ago but 1 happened. how do i check the fan, where is it i dont see it, can it be fixed if broken, any cost known?

I have had 1 hard landing but that was like a year ago and like 100 flights ago but 1 happened. how do i check the fan, where is it i dont see it, can it be fixed if broken, any cost known?

pm me I know the fix if your still searching

Two things are in my mind, first what The Editor said. Check out the fan. The second thing is the way you calibrate the IMU. It have to be calibrated at room temperature while the drone is cool, also the drone must be on level hard surface like concrete, floor tiles and etc. Avoid calibration over table or wooden floor as they may produce resonance from the fan too. Close all the doors to avoid any wake between the rooms. This should be the perfect calibration scenario :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters