Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IMU

Reaction score
Do I need to have my camera installed on the inspire 1 when I do a IMU calibration? Is it possible to screw something up when doing this calibration. It seems lately everything I do is f@@@@@ up. Can I damage my drone doing this calibration. I guess what I am saying is "are the instructions fairly straight forward and easy to perform".
Thanks.....

Do I need to have my camera installed on the inspire 1 when I do a IMU calibration? Is it possible to screw something up when doing this calibration. It seems lately everything I do is f@@@@@ up. Can I damage my drone doing this calibration. I guess what I am saying is "are the instructions fairly straight forward and easy to perform".
Thanks.....
There are many threads covering this subject - have a look over the forum and you will find many hints and tips.
However, you should ensure your Inspire is on a flat level (very level) surface and free from all vibrations. Even people/kids walking around on the floor should be avoided to prevent low level vibrations getting through the to the IMU during calibration.
Personally, I would have the camera mounted.
Have the Inspire sit for a half hour or so to totally cool down since a better and faster calibration is achieved from a cold machine.
Fire up the remote and DJI Go app and then the Inspire.
As soon as the gimbal has calibrated go straight into the IMU calibration menu and start the calibration.
Just sit perfectly still and do not move or disturb the Inspire in ANY way (no vibrations on the table etc)
Allow to run it's full calibration. - job done!
Once calibrated it is a good idea to check your mod values before every single flight (lots about that on the forum as well)
At rest gyroscope should be 0.00
Accelerometer between 0.99-1.02
Compass between 1400-1600 (this will be fluctuating).

You do not need to calibrate the IMU again unless you are having issues or the next firmware update or the aircraft has been subject to a sharp physical shock (crash/drop etc).
Compass calibration does not need to be done each flight either.

Hope that helps.

Good advise Editor!...I think some people over calibrate the compass... I just check mods before every flight, and if all is in order, its a go.

Reactions: The Editor
There are many threads covering this subject - have a look over the forum and you will find many hints and tips.
However, you should ensure your Inspire is on a flat level (very level) surface and free from all vibrations. Even people/kids walking around on the floor should be avoided to prevent low level vibrations getting through the to the IMU during calibration.
Have the Inspire sit for a half hour or so to totally cool down since a better and faster calibration is achieved from a cold machine.
As soon as the gimbal has calibrated go straight into the IMU calibration menu and start the calibration.
Just sit perfectly still and do not move or disturb the Inspire in ANY way (no vibrations on the table etc)
Allow to reun it's full calibration. - job done!
Once calibrated it is a good idea to check your mod values before every single flight (lots about that on the forum as well)

You do not need to calibrate the IMU again unless you are having issues or the next firmware update or the aircraft has been subject to a sharp physical shock (crash/drop etc).

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info, I think I can do this.

Good advise Editor!...I think some people over calibrate the compass... I just check mods before every flight, and if all is in order, its a go.

Yep, there are very few times where it is reasonable to do a pre-flight compass calibration. Almost every single flyaway story starts with a compass calibration as part of a mindless preflight.

Allow to run it's full calibration. - job done!

Hope that helps.
Calibrated my IMU today without any problems, took the Inspire out for its first flight and it was AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks for the walk through.

Reactions: The Editor
Agree with the above, but I have had no problems when calibrating the IMU without the gimbal/camera attached on either my Inspire 1 or my Inspire Pro.
Yeah, it's just force of habit with me - I like to have the full visual feedback of a video feed to confirm everything is working as it should rather than a 'no signal' or disconnected' message that you will have without a camera connected. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue