Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insipre 1 over Apple Campus 2

Reaction score
After having some MAJOR DJI issues (P3P fly away and one week later I1 flew into a rock on its own) I recently got my I1 back from expedited 7 day repair as well as a replacement P3P at a discounted rate. I have to say I lost a LOT of faith in their products through the experience but over the labor day weekend I did a trip from Reno to the Bay Area to get some shots, yesterday I posted this video online and its pickup up some major steam with some of the larger sites like 9to5mac.com etc.

Just thought I'd share with fellow pilots, I was at a point that I wasn't sure I'd continue flying anything DJI but thus far I'm slowly rebuilding my trust.

I don't live in the USA but i always understood that you don't own the space above your property. And if i remember rightly, the ONLY case to ever come before a court was in 1946 and the height given from that ruling was 83feet...! So while the FAA may have stated that the airspace above your property is yours upto 500 feet, it is not law, and has never been argued in court, so the precedent right now would still be the 83 feet from way back when...!

Good luck with arguing that... And change in law would only be from when the law is changed, and not from video shot prior to this...

I hope Apple rips you a new one. You are exactly why drones will be heavily regulated. So you asked the FAA if you could film apples property with out their permission?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/b...ures-baby-highlighting-faa-concerns.html?_r=0

Yeah, please try again. That article has nothing to do with this. That guy was flying beyond line of site no tower clearance and probably a dozen other no no's. News flash but just because you are building something doesn't mean you own the airspace above a certain point. This varies but I believe the only federal case was 83 feet and below was private. It sounds like this gentleman followed the rules and this is no different than renting a plane or chopper for the same purpose.

Reactions: Hercules_One
I hope Apple rips you a new one. You are exactly why drones will be heavily regulated. So you asked the FAA if you could film apples property with out their permission?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/b...ures-baby-highlighting-faa-concerns.html?_r=0
why is it that everyone becomes a aerial lawyer when someone gets great footage of the outside of a building ...i mean come on really!!! its not like he showing all of apples greatest secrets
....why even own a quad if you feel this way!! :eek::eek::eek:

awesome video man keep up the great work and don't listen to these jelious people
watch out google here comes apple:p:p:p

Reactions: saltire69
Beautiful video! There will always be questions. I have one. We have been aerial imaging for 5 years. We understand the comments above. Would the option of asking contractors permission been an option? We have done progress imaging for companies and work that way. They sometimes have more authority over the site than Apple lawyers.
There will always be jealousy in this industry. We see it a lot, because you are good at something and some are not. Like I said though great vid!
K & D Action Photo & Aerial Imaging

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk