Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insipre 1 rebuild help

Reaction score
Working on rebuilding my inspire 1 V2 that I crashed this past week. I need to replace the right arm boom (the boom that holds the motors) and could not find one online so I ordered up the whole boom assembly and was just going to use the boom off the new one to fix the inspire 1 V2 instead of going through the hassle of tearing the whole drone apart to replace the whole assembly. I got the new assembly in and first thing I noticed was the carbon weave was different, more smaller, tight weave. Just through it was a newer version and no bid deal. Get everything taking apart and put the new boom on the old assembly and it does not fit properly allowing the whole boom to rotate in the T connection. I was listed as the right part for my drone but I'm wondering if I got sent the wrong part or is the newer version's not compatible with the older? Or am I SOL and have to tear the whole thing apart to replace the whole assembly?

Working on rebuilding my inspire 1 V2 that I crashed this past week. I need to replace the right arm boom (the boom that holds the motors) and could not find one online so I ordered up the whole boom assembly and was just going to use the boom off the new one to fix the inspire 1 V2 instead of going through the hassle of tearing the whole drone apart to replace the whole assembly. I got the new assembly in and first thing I noticed was the carbon weave was different, more smaller, tight weave. Just through it was a newer version and no bid deal. Get everything taking apart and put the new boom on the old assembly and it does not fit properly allowing the whole boom to rotate in the T connection. I was listed as the right part for my drone but I'm wondering if I got sent the wrong part or is the newer version's not compatible with the older? Or am I SOL and have to tear the whole thing apart to replace the whole assembly?
Do you mean the collar that tightens down doesn't stop the boom rotating?
Dont forget that without the landing gear arms connected the boom will rotate anyway.
Can you post up a couple of pics?

can't remember my old photobucket login. The old boom has 2 metal spacer rings on the plastic piece that the wireing feeds through in the middle and the new one does not. I think I understand now, now that you mention the collar. So the collar that connects the boom to the thin tube that runs parallel under the main tube is what makes the arm boom rotate when it goes from landing to flying mode? so it should be able to rotate until that is connected? That brings up another question. The collar on the old arm boom does not have a screw that tightens it to the arm boom. The new one does and did not ship with the screw to tighten it down on the arm boom. Know where I can get that screw?

now that I laid both side by side I was sent the wrong one. the cable opening in the center of the boom is on the opposite side of the broken one. and when I lay the new one in the side boom with the wiring hole in its proper location it puts the motor mounting upside down.

All right I've gotten her all rebuilt but I am missing one bolt. Anyone know where I can get the bolt that tightens down the collar to the arm boom? The old arm boom the collar was what looks like epoxied in place and no place for a bolt. The new arm boom the collar is designed to be tightened down into place with a bold. Is that bolt included with a body bolt kit or know where I can get one?

Can anyone point me to were i can find this bolt? DJI customer support was not helpful one bit. They told me i needed to send the drone in for repair to replace that one bolt and they would not sell me that bolt directly so i can fix it myself. When i questioned the guy on it he slammed the phone on the desk several times and hung up on me. Need to get this drone back up in the air.

Can anyone point me to were i can find this bolt? DJI customer support was not helpful one bit. They told me i needed to send the drone in for repair to replace that one bolt and they would not sell me that bolt directly so i can fix it myself. When i questioned the guy on it he slammed the phone on the desk several times and hung up on me. Need to get this drone back up in the air.
Did you find one? If not I have the bolt ya need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry