Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 backpack

Reaction score
5544F234-ED1C-4FB5-8250-CDE715EB8D46.png D5442574-E17C-45AE-B92E-BCD1208C2293.png Do you guys know if this case will work with my I1v2 with The foldable carbon fiber props. I realize I may have to modify it like I did the stock case but is there enough there to modify. Thanks.

Reactions: stefano_inspired
Does look like it would be awful close. Is there another case out there that is better than this one. Thanks.

In that thread TruGreen refers to I confirmed the photos make it seem like the props are close to the frame of the case but are not it's just visual effect due to the angle of the photo. It should be fine, something I hope to personally confirm soon.;)

Might just be me, but I don’t understand how a suitcase with a strap is a backpack. I’ve looked at several backpacks and most are thin, no padding to protect drone or back. One of the few “backpacks” that has padded boots to protect the motors.

I have my sights on the LowePro DroneGuard Pro.
A bit pricy, but what comfortable backpack isn’t pricy.
Not only comfortable to hike out to a site, but in my opinion a lot less attention grabbing.

Lowepro DroneGuard Pro Inspired Backpack: Professional drone backpack made specifically for DJI Inspire I & II. | Lowepro

Reactions: stefano_inspired
I think a lot of us don’t use it mainly as a backpack. But the option is there if you want to.

Reactions: TruGreen
Might just be me, but I don’t understand how a suitcase with a strap is a backpack. I’ve looked at several backpacks and most are thin, no padding to protect drone or back. One of the few “backpacks” that has padded boots to protect the motors.

I have my sights on the LowePro DroneGuard Pro.
A bit pricy, but what comfortable backpack isn’t pricy.
Not only comfortable to hike out to a site, but in my opinion a lot less attention grabbing.

Lowepro DroneGuard Pro Inspired Backpack: Professional drone backpack made specifically for DJI Inspire I & II. | Lowepro
I see your point, however the protection afforded by the Lowepro is a bit iffy. I do see it having many advantages, except maybe weight, but there are a few disadvantages, when on the field having to go through the process of installing the camera the whole song and dance of travel to landing mode etc is very inconvenient if you ask me, I am willing to trade weight for protection and convenience, not to mention speed of set up and breakdown. Also that DroneGuard is still not small enough to permit it to go into an airplane cabin as carryon unless you want to pay for a seat LOL and you can forget about throwing it into the belly of the plane. Also cost to benefit ratio compared to the Bestem is a bit off . So there are advantages and disadvantages to both. It comes down to what meets your needs, that will surely be different for everyone.

I see your point, however the protection afforded by the Lowepro is a bit iffy. I do see it having many advantages, except maybe weight, but there are a few disadvantages, when on the field having to go through the process of installing the camera the whole song and dance of travel to landing mode etc is very inconvenient if you ask me, I am willing to trade weight for protection and convenience, not to mention speed of set up and breakdown. Also that DroneGuard is still not small enough to permit it to go into an airplane cabin as carryon unless you want to pay for a seat LOL and you can forget about throwing it into the belly of the plane. Also cost to benefit ratio compared to the Bestem is a bit off . So there are advantages and disadvantages to both. It comes down to what meets your needs, that will surely be different for everyone.

Fully agree if you're using it to "transport" similar to luggage, the backpack is not the correct tool. Not intended for air travel, it's intended as described... backpacking. I don't use my hiking backpack as an air transport luggage either, nor strapping a belt around a suitcase and hiking up a foot trail to reach the clearing desired to shoot. If you're moving from plane, to truck, to shoot location you're not needing a backpack; you need luggage. If you're taking a jeep up a trail to a foot path... or wondering up a river bed looking for a location... the backpack would be preferred. For Ag aerial work, if walking through crops or waterways to reach the field... again backpack.

Regarding setup time, no difference. Both travel in landing mode, neither require unfolding. Access to the gear, almost equal... one flap exposes all the associated gear. Again, my reply is focused toward backpacking requirements, not media location shoots. Setting up gear in the woods is actually easier with a backpack, they sit on ground easier than a hard case sliding down a hill.

Couldn't agree more, luggage case is idea for location shoots. I wouldn't bother with a strap, I'd use foldable wheeled carry-all to strap all my cases and pull it.

My error, thought it was for actual backpacking when I gave my 2 cents. I've been out in the backcountry and have seen a few times Dronies attempting to walk under & through the brush & woods with these luggage cases strapped to their backs.

Different tool for different use, all work!

i use my INspak as just a case. Ive tried wearing as a backpack. yea it kinda not the most comfortable to wear but it is curved so it works for my skinny self. what sold me was size, holding almost everything minus 1 battery over the OEM suitcase, and drone stays in landing mode with camera attached....now if Im doing some extreme hiking ill just take the mavic in its backpack case which is almost next to nothing

see the size comparison here kinda
inspire mavic.jpg

i use my INspak as just a case. Ive tried wearing as a backpack. yea it kinda not the most comfortable to wear but it is curved so it works for my skinny self. what sold me was size, holding almost everything minus 1 battery over the OEM suitcase, and drone stays in landing mode with camera attached....now if Im doing some extreme hiking ill just take the mavic in its backpack case which is almost next to nothing

see the size comparison here kinda
Mavic would be my first option too... unless I wanted the special lens, Z3 or X5R for something.
The Macic Air is even better yet, but not enough to move from MP. I am looking forward to seeing the MP2 for the rumored improvements, but I am reading it'll be a tad bigger than MP, letting the MA take the small chair. ;)
:eek: a side bar.... your art work is interesting.

i use my INspak as just a case. Ive tried wearing as a backpack. yea it kinda not the most comfortable to wear but it is curved so it works for my skinny self. what sold me was size, holding almost everything minus 1 battery over the OEM suitcase,
That was also an extra perk on the LowsPro backpack, the amount of hardware it carries is close to the same as case, number of batteries, etc. Not a case, but impressive for backpack.

That was also an extra perk on the LowsPro backpack, the amount of hardware it carries is close to the same as case, number of batteries, etc. Not a case, but impressive for backpack.
yea the lowspro backpack is nice but i dont like how the arms stick out to me would be asking for trouble with branches and brush.... but yea i like my artwork lol

Ya... this one is the only backpack I've found that has booties to install over motors.
But arms stick out a bit... if you really wanted to shield, you could pull the included full rain cover over the entire package.

Reactions: TruGreen
96CB4B27-6D7A-4C72-99CF-4BF78DA5145D.jpeg F1B8BE78-EF48-4D20-92F8-95D857072336.jpeg Back pack came in. I do like it. I need to order a gimbal lock. I thought it came with the case

Reactions: Mixchief
The gimbal lock they include is for the X3 not the X5, that's why I had to get the X5 lock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah