Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 beeping from rear right motor

Reaction score
Hello everyone . Today I finally got a chance to put a fully charged battery on the inspire 1 V1 that i just got not long ago . This bird had this issue from previous owner that after a update (he cant remember what firmware it was ) it just started beeping and wont stop or do nothing i connected a X3 camera today but after turning on the camera wont do anything at all . The only remote i have is a GL658B wish i cant connect to the app for some reason so there’s no way for me to link this to anything without knowing what firmware is need it in both devices . Here’s a clip of what the drone is doing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

This sounds like ESC error. In the video you are not showing what the LED on the rear leg is doing. If it is ESC error then the LED will emit constant yellow light while all other legs will be off. If that is the case it could be a cold solder, disconnected motor wire, damaged ESC module or damaged motor (the motor is highly unlikely). I'm not sure is it possible to perform firmware update while this error exist. Let see what the other pilots will say on that.

the rear leds are both off . and something i learned after i made this video according to another forum if you use the screw on the bottom of the drone to get it out of travel move there no power going to the camera (this was my case i got the drone in travel mode)thats why mine may act dead . i did this so i was able to hook up the camera and try to do a firmware update .

the rear leds are both off . and something i learned after i made this video according to another forum if you use the screw on the bottom of the drone to get it out of travel move there no power going to the camera (this was my case i got the drone in travel mode)thats why mine may act dead . i did this so i was able to hook up the camera and try to do a firmware update .
When the drone is in travel mode or in flight mode it doesn't beep at all. But if you forced it out from travel mode then this could be the error. If so why you manually did that, couldn't simply do it with the remote? I know there is a case with firmware v01.08.00.90 that first should be updated the drone then the remote otherwise the drone will not be able to exit from travel mode. I can't imagine how this can happen as the update cannot be performed while in travel mode as the camera should be attached to perform the update.

Anyway the fact that one of the motors are beeping tells that there is a problem within that part of the drone. Of course I may be wrong.

Good luck on fixing that problem.

When the drone is in travel mode or in flight mode it doesn't beep at all. But if you forced it out from travel mode then this could be the error. If so why you manually did that, couldn't simply do it with the remote? I know there is a case with firmware v01.08.00.90 that first should be updated the drone then the remote otherwise the drone will not be able to exit from travel mode. I can't imagine how this can happen as the update cannot be performed while in travel mode as the camera should be attached to perform the update.

Anyway the fact that one of the motors are beeping tells that there is a problem within that part of the drone. Of course I may be wrong.

Good luck on fixing that problem.
Thanks . the only remote i got is a GL658B model that i got for free and that also seems to have a problem . The drone had this issue before i got it . And since i cant update firmware or get the drone to connect to the remote . I cant use it to get the drone out of travel mode.

Thanks . the only remote i got is a GL658B model that i got for free and that also seems to have a problem . The drone had this issue before i got it . And since i cant update firmware or get the drone to connect to the remote . I cant use it to get the drone out of travel mode.
Does the remote connect to the drone, it should have green light if connected otherwise it's red? If there is a red light even after trying to manually bind them then it's possible the remote to be with incompatible firmware.
Does the remote connect to phone or tablet? If it is then you can check trough dji go app what fw version is on the remote, that will shed some light on the possible issue. Also the remote fw can be upgraded or downgraded by dji go app, for downgrading you'll need some of the older versions of dji go.
Do you have any info from the previous owner what fw was latelly installed on the inspire?

Does the remote connect to the drone, it should have green light if connected otherwise it's red? If there is a red light even after trying to manually bind them then it's possible the remote to be with incompatible firmware.
Does the remote connect to phone or tablet? If it is then you can check trough dji go app what fw version is on the remote, that will shed some light on the possible issue. Also the remote fw can be upgraded or downgraded by dji go app, for downgrading you'll need some of the older versions of dji go.
Do you have any info from the previous owner what fw was latelly installed on the inspire?
So the remote does not connect to any tablets or phones at all . I had tryed to update with a usb stick with no luck I tryed diferent firmware version i can see the usb stick LED lights up like the remote is connected to the usb but nothing happens solid red light on the remote and after a few minutes it just beeps like when is disconnected from the rc but no updates happen at all .

So the remote does not connect to any tablets or phones at all . I had tryed to update with a usb stick with no luck I tryed diferent firmware version i can see the usb stick LED lights up like the remote is connected to the usb but nothing happens solid red light on the remote and after a few minutes it just beeps like when is disconnected from the rc but no updates happen at all .
How do you test does the remote is connected to the tablet? Sometimes dji go will not start automatically with the remote. Also even fully working remote will show "disconnected" in dgi go if the remote is not connected to the drone but that doesn't mean it is not connected to the tablet.
The only way to be sure it's connected or not is to start the remote then dji go and click on camera button, then go to options screen and check out the about section, there should be a list of all softwares and firmware versions of the drone (if connected), the remote (if connected) as well the dji go version. If you can see there info about the rc firmware then the rc is connected with the tablet/phone.
I guess you already tried that but I'm explaining that as I'm not sure what you actually tried so far.

How do you test does the remote is connected to the tablet? Sometimes dji go will not start automatically with the remote. Also even fully working remote will show "disconnected" in dgi go if the remote is not connected to the drone but that doesn't mean it is not connected to the tablet.
The only way to be sure it's connected or not is to start the remote then dji go and click on camera button, then go to options screen and check out the about section, there should be a list of all softwares and firmware versions of the drone (if connected), the remote (if connected) as well the dji go version. If you can see there info about the rc firmware then the rc is connected with the tablet/phone.
I guess you already tried that but I'm explaining that as I'm not sure what you actually tried so far.
The go app wont go pass the connect screen where you pick what drone to use . Again this remote wont connect to anything. Only the first time when connected to a new device (tablet or phone) the device will only recognize that there is something connected only the first time but even like that the go app wont see anything. I had tryed diferent firmware version on a USB stick to try and do a direct update with th rear remote mini usb but nothing happens. I can see the USB led lights up but nothing happens.
today I tryed to connect the drone with my windows laptop to the rear miniusb to see if i could read anything of the drone and my laptop can see the drone as a USB device but i cant do nothing else since i dont know how to get access to anything that may help . If I unplug the mini usb the rear light goes RED thats the only change .

The go app doesn't care is there a remote or not, you should be able to click on camera button and this will dive you in to the camera view which should be black when there is no remote or drone connected. Which version of go app you're trying with?

The go app doesn't care is there a remote or not, you should be able to click on camera button and this will dive you in to the camera view which should be black when there is no remote or drone connected. Which version of go app you're trying with?
Dji go 3.1.65 and im assuming that by camera button you are talking about the “equipment “ button. When you download the go app for the first time if you haven’t connected any drones You cant go pass the first screen. Thats my case i had never had any drones connected using this app since all my other equipment now uses the go4 app .....

Dji go 3.1.65 and im assuming that by camera button you are talking about the “equipment “ button. When you download the go app for the first time if you haven’t connected any drones You cant go pass the first screen. Thats my case i had never had any drones connected using this app since all my other equipment now uses the go4 app .....
Interesting, are you logged in? Maybe you should try with older version of the app.

What platform?
iOS?
Android?

Less than ten seconds on Google typing in “Old versions of DJI Go” yields....

I did google but None of that works for me since all my devices are running a developer ver 14 of ios . I did manage to get a hold of a android Samsung phone and in android the go app looks different, there’s the camera button that was mentioned before, different from ios , anyways the remote connects to the phone and once i open the app i cant see the remote info at all just shows N/A . The phone sees a device connected but the app seems to not be able to get any info from the remote..... By now is clear that the USB in the remote is working , Im wondering why wont take any of the updates i had tryed with different USB sticks .....

Ok so now the remote is in working order in the latest firmware but now i cant bind with the inspire. At least im making some progress

IOS 14 by the way i don’t think it will let me run anything thats too old .

I believe you lose many Go and Go 4 app options post iOS 12. This is why I don't allow any of my iOS devices to update past 12. You also have limited iTunes control post iOS 12. Essentially, Apple disables EVERYTHING. You become their lemming in iOS 13.

D

Reactions: niki
just to update what happened to this drone . finallyyyy after many trys letting it seat beeping for a long time the beeping stopped eventually on its own ,camera did the dance and i was able to link with the remote . all good now i passed on to someone else ...

Reactions: Donnie Frank
just to update what happened to this drone . finallyyyy after many trys letting it seat beeping for a long time the beeping stopped eventually on its own ,camera did the dance and i was able to link with the remote . all good now i passed on to someone else ...

I've spoken to some who touted that the update took them an hour, which doesn't align with my experience of 20-40 minutes. Was it a simple matter of letting the update complete? If so, how long did it take?

This is why I always look at the log files. The tell-tale "Updating...." lets me know the user didn't wait long enough. My problem was that my advice was based on MY experience of 20-40 minutes. But listening to others, seems the update or "Roll back" can take much longer.

Please share your experience.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez