Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 gaining height after firmware update.

Reaction score
After doing an update to the newest software, my Inspire 1 Pro will constantly slowly gain altitude while hovering. It's now like a full up stick, but it will go up about 2ft then hover for a few seconds then up again then hover. Anyone else had his problem, any suggestions?

After doing an update to the newest software, my Inspire 1 Pro will constantly slowly gain altitude while hovering. It's now like a full up stick, but it will go up about 2ft then hover for a few seconds then up again then hover. Anyone else had his problem, any suggestions?
I have changed your thread title to something more descriptive than 'Post Update'.
Have you tried a full stick calibration?

Interesting. I think this latest and greatest firmware has all sorts of bugs in it that keep popping up over time. Anything from ruining gps health on the fc ,to image transmission issues to compass errors occurring for no reason. All sorts of crap.

Mine doing the same thing.. After 4-5 seconds of hovering, it slowly starts ascending.. Will see if IMU calibration fixes it..

I have done the imu calibration, but am having different problems.
- it does not stay still. Drifts all over the place.
- does not lock on a track
- will not let me fly more than 45m away. Am not in beginner mode. Have not switched on distance limiting. Tried setting to 1000m, but still could not go more than 45m!

Basically, I cannot use it for any jobs. Had to take my Mavic, which has vastly inferior video.

I have done the imu calibration, but am having different problems.
- it does not stay still. Drifts all over the place.
- does not lock on a track
- will not let me fly more than 45m away. Am not in beginner mode. Have not switched on distance limiting. Tried setting to 1000m, but still could not go more than 45m!

Basically, I cannot use it for any jobs. Had to take my Mavic, which has vastly inferior video.
You using an iOS device?

I was gonna roll back before the imu fixed my problem. I really couldn't find a whole lot of info on that process.

Tried something mentioned in another thread. Start rc then inspire. Wait until they finish talking then start Go. It works.

The other thread said you have to do this after a battery change too. Actually, all you have to do is quit and restart Go. Much quicker. I even tried it in flight. Flew to max distance of 40m, quit and start Go and I could fly further.

Please fix this DJI.

I have noticed mine doing this since updating from 1.4.00.10 a few weeks ago.. have tried IMU calibration but noticed it again yesterday.

Aircraft Version 1.8.1.00

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla