Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Landing Mode Case... what?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've searched and found some information but I really wanted to get an idea what some of the members here on I/P are using for Landing Mode cases. I am shocked at the price of these LM cases and can't fully understand why they are between $400 and $600 just for a "special" case.

Initially I thought, "What's the big deal about using the factory case?" After a couple of weeks of daily flying and travel I fully understand why Landing Mode is a high priority for cases LOL :)

Is there a generic Landing Mode case available that doesn't cost a kidney?

Reactions: SanCap
I've searched and found some information but I really wanted to get an idea what some of the members here on I/P are using for Landing Mode cases. I am shocked at the price of these LM cases and can't fully understand why they are between $400 and $600 just for a "special" case.

Initially I thought, "What's the big deal about using the factory case?" After a couple of weeks of daily flying and travel I fully understand why Landing Mode is a high priority for cases LOL :)

There are good deals here, InsPak - Strongest Weatherproof EVA Hardshell Backpack for DJI Inspire 1 Black with Gimbal Lock

Reactions: BigAl07
It should fit... I also ordered the gimbal lock for the X3. I will let you know when mine shows up on Friday.

Nothing to be shocked about, the cases you're looking at are probably Pelican or similar brand cases, which are the best of the best and they alone (without the foam cutouts for the Inspire) cost $200-$400 depending on size and brand. For example, I have a Pelican case for mine, it's air tight, waterproof, floats in water, and is virtually indestructible (it fell off of the back of a truck moving at about 45mph and had nothing but a few surface scratches). I drag the case through sand, gravel, volcanic rocks, water, dirt and mud and so far it's held up. If you're just travelling locally, the InsPak and other cases will do fine, but if you need to take this on a plane for example or out in the rough where you may not have a special space to store your drone in the truck, that becomes a different story. I paid around $500 for mine, and as with all my Pelican cases, it was worth every penny. It just depends on what your needs are and your budget of course.

On top of that there is lifetime warranty on these cases, which I've used about 4 times with Pelican on other cases and it was always a no-hassle transaction. They generally don't care why or how it broke, they'll just fix it or replace it.

It should fit... I also ordered the gimbal lock for the X3. I will let you know when mine shows up on Friday.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing your input once you have it in hand. I'm ready to place my order but I'll wait to hear your review once you have it.

Nothing to be shocked about, the cases you're looking at are probably Pelican or similar brand cases, which are the best of the best and they alone (without the foam cutouts for the Inspire) cost $200-$400 depending on size and brand. For example, I have a Pelican case for mine, it's air tight, waterproof, floats in water, and is virtually indestructible (it fell off of the back of a truck moving at about 45mph and had nothing but a few surface scratches). I drag the case through sand, gravel, volcanic rocks, water, dirt and mud and so far it's held up. If you're just travelling locally, the InsPak and other cases will do fine, but if you need to take this on a plane for example or out in the rough where you may not have a special space to store your drone in the truck, that becomes a different story. I paid around $500 for mine, and as with all my Pelican cases, it was worth every penny. It just depends on what your needs are and your budget of course.

On top of that there is lifetime warranty on these cases, which I've used about 4 times with Pelican on other cases and it was always a no-hassle transaction. They generally don't care why or how it broke, they'll just fix it or replace it.
Thank you for a detailed reply. I fully understand how the Pelican and GoProfressional cases cost. I use GP cases for all of my travel needs for my other UAS (smaller units) but my Inspire won't be traveling anywhere that needs such a heavy duty case. My range of service with the I-1 is probably less than 100miles so it doesn't warrant the degree of protection the others do.

The Bestem Case with the Case Lockable Latches is excellent! It is so perfect for my I1V2, but the Bestem Red Plastic Gimbal Lock is a POS! I found the 1st one cracked and useless when I received the new case. I ordered 2 more of those Bestem Red Gimbal Locks and everyone broke almost immediately, the last one while laying on my bed with the removed Gimbal and X3 Camera! Maybe they has a bad run of plastic!

I finally ordered two more Gimbal Locks from Brian Klein on eBay which are listed as DJI Inspire 1 X3 camera gimbal lock with "Remove Before Flight" Keyring for $17+$3 Shipping. They are excellent and so easy to install I could install them in the dark!

Reactions: MiPilot and BigAl07

What's your take on this case after having it and using it for a month now?

I finally ordered two more Gimbal Locks from Brian Klein on eBay which are listed as DJI Inspire 1 X3 camera gimbal lock with "Remove Before Flight" Keyring for $17+$3 Shipping. They are excellent and so easy to install I could install them in the dark!

Is this the one your ordered?
DJI Inspire 1 X3 camera gimbal lock with Remove Before Flight keyring. | eBay

I have that one and once I figured out how to install it, it's easy peasy LOL

Reactions: jlrsn

Unfortunately not my experience with GoProfessional. I bought the Inspire X5 compact landing mode case which didn't fit the drone properly and have waited 6 months for them to sort it out. I have it back now and all they did was cut out a bit more foam and remove the foam in the lid. There are other posts on this forum about people's bad experiences with the landing mode cases for the Inspires with X5, seems that GPC poorly designed it.

Unfortunately not my experience with GoProfessional. I bought the Inspire X5 compact landing mode case which didn't fit the drone properly and have waited 6 months for them to sort it out. I have it back now and all they did was cut out a bit more foam and remove the foam in the lid. There are other posts on this forum about people's bad experiences with the landing mode cases for the Inspires with X5, seems that GPC poorly designed it.

I'm referring to Pelican cases and not the foam cut-out, which is the responsibility of the various vendors that use the Pelican cases. I have no experience with GPC, I got my case from Aerial Media Pros and it is spot on for fitment.

I got my case in on Monday. Didn't have time to really delve into it until last night. If I had to sum it up in one word I would say "pleasantly-surprised" (LOL)
InsPak X5 - Unique Hardshell Backpack for DJI Inspire 1 Pro, Carbon Fiber Vinyl

While this isn't the type of case I would put my I-1 into and toss in the river (although it might be water resistant I don't know) it gives a LOT of bang for the buck. It's a lot more sturdy/rigid than I expected a "Backpack" case to be which is very much to my liking.

The layout is well done and my only regret is that it's designed for smaller tablets so I'm going to need to perform some minor surgery to get the full size iPads into it. Other than that, at least right now, I wouldn't change a thing. Best part, I got it to my door for $129.

I want to give a very sincere Thank You to those who gave advice on this case. You are 100% correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela