Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 not flying straight after slight crash

Reaction score
Guys,

Is it possible to knock the motors out of alignment? I had a slight crash and ever since I feel the bird isn't flying straight...as I push forward on the sticks i get a drag to the right side.

I did all the calibrations needed (IMU, STICK, COMPASS) but still get a pull to the right.

Please advise as to how to alleviate this situation...or if service is needed.

Thanks!

JC

Did you also update firmware? It lost wind compensation and does not fly totally straight anymore but would be strage if it only flies to right all the time.

The firmware could cause the problem if there is a wind. If its the arms you may see they are not at same hight or not parallel.

these are the propellor levels, I don't see how this is an issue but could it be that such a slight variation would trigger this situation?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 24
I dont think but I am not sure.

But I am sure the propeller protectors will make it more sensitive to wind.

Just fly around in your garden and watch if really always drifts to right or it just drifts in different directions.

I'll remove the protectors and try it out without them...I installed them after the crash, that could be the difference.

Mine never flies straight, infact it always drifts with the wind...
In theory, a small misalignment of the motors should be compensated for in GPS mode, if you can get to an indoor place such as a sports hall that has no air moving inside it, no AC, closed windows etc. You should be able to leave the bird in ATTI, without VPS and see how she drifts..... I personally allow about 1ms of drift before I start to think that something needs attention

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide