Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 original case handle pieces

Reaction score
When i bought my Inspire 1 the pieces that holds the handle on the original case was broken.
They are made of plastic and the plastic had broken on both sides of the handle.

I saw that the pieces are attached to the case by 2 screws on each side, so it should not be too hard to change those broken pieces for new ones.

I have emailed DJI Europe but haven't got an answer yet.

So does anybody know if these parts are sold so i don´t need to buy a whole new case because of these small plastic parts.
Or if they are made by someone privately that sells them?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1987.JPG

After spending a good sum of money on the Inspire 1, extra battery,used i pad ,larger sd card,gamble lock,sun shade, and misc cables, I was running out of funds. After looking for soft cases in the $120-200 range I found this one for $50 with free shipping and no tax. It came much faster than they estimated and the Inspire 1 fits very nicely. Everything I need fits in the bag. I keep the i pad in a soft sleeve and store it under the handle between the foam and the case. It also has a Velcro close able pocket on one side and a mesh pocket on the other.And a zipper pocket on the front that i store the removable prop guards and manual in. I may get a hard case for it eventually,but for now,it’s perfect.

Thanks for the link, i now found these on ebay for 10 USD as well, but they are 3D printed plastic anchors, i don´t know how much better quality they are compared to the original handle anchors?
The ones in the link provided looked as they are better quality and made of aluminum, they were 39.90 USD, but the shipping cost will be almost 3 times higher than the item in the case of the plastic anchors. I would appreciate if the item was the more expensive one and not the shipping. Anyway, i will have to make an order on some anchors since i need these anchors, if i don´t buy some other case or backpack instead.

The Inspire 1 backpack looks nice and much smaller than the original case, which is important of course. But the only thing about the backpack is that the Inspire 1 is not as protected as in the hard original case.
Is the Inspire 1 completely inside the backpack? I have seen an almost identical looking backpack where the legs were outside the backpack

Thanks for the link, i now found these on ebay for 10 USD as well, but they are 3D printed plastic anchors, i don´t know how much better quality they are compared to the original handle anchors?
The ones in the link provided looked as they are better quality and made of aluminum, they were 39.90 USD, but the shipping cost will be almost 3 times higher than the item in the case of the plastic anchors. I would appreciate if the item was the more expensive one and not the shipping. Anyway, i will have to make an order on some anchors since i need these anchors, if i don´t buy some other case or backpack instead.

The Inspire 1 backpack looks nice and much smaller than the original case, which is important of course. But the only thing about the backpack is that the Inspire 1 is not as protected as in the hard original case.
Is the Inspire 1 completely inside the backpack? I have seen an almost identical looking backpack where the legs were outside the backpack

I have the 3d printed ones off eBay, they're completely different quality than the DJI pieces.
I also have the feet for the case from them, as 2 of mine were broken and 1 missing.
All of the 3d printed ones are much better quality than the DJI parts and have held up to use, no abuse, since end of may.

Reactions: davidbarwin
I had a similar problem. For a "free" case, it was alright BUT.... I decided to keep my going and repair as necessary for as long as possible. I have since done 2 domestic flights and it is holding up.

My cheap solution was to get 2 "U" bolts from the local hardware store along with nuts and washers. The actual handle seems robust and still looks good.

The pictures below show the final result. I was able to use the 10" metal plate from the original case and the "U" bolt came a double hole washer used on the outside of the case.

I also replaced the dome like feet as 2 of them broke in transit. I used rubber door stoppers, along with a stainless steel bolt, spring washer and extra large washer.

It is stronger than the original and enables me to put off replacing the case.

case.jpg case_1.jpg case_2.jpg case_3.jpg

I had a similar problem. For a "free" case, it was alright BUT.... I decided to keep my going and repair as necessary for as long as possible. I have since done 2 domestic flights and it is holding up..........

Well i hadn't thought of that it can be fixed with some nuts and bolts, maybe i will do it that way myself, i don´t care about the looks, just want to be able to carry the case in a normal way. Its more important for me that it holds together good.

Whats the thickness / diameter of the U bolt, how many millimeters, or maybe you use inch?

Well i hadn't thought of that it can be fixed with some nuts and bolts, maybe i will do it that way myself, i don´t care about the looks, just want to be able to carry the case in a normal way. Its more important for me that it holds together good.

Whats the thickness / diameter of the U bolt, how many millimeters, or maybe you use inch?
U bolts are 35mm from side to side (outside measurement) and 4mm thick. For the ones I got, the 2 "prongs" were too long and once assembled on the case I used a hacksaw to cut the excess off. You will see from the photo that I used 4 nuts per U bolt and with the two hole washer supplied with the U bolt and the metal strip from within the case, it is now way more secure and strong than the original. I took the metal strip to the hardware store as a guide and the U bolt was a near fit. Good luck

The handle anchors we 3D print (in matte z-ABS) work with the Original OEM Case versions 1 and 2 and are guaranteed not to break (and feature embedded nuts and bolts unlike the version 1 anchors). We also have replacement feet (in sets of 4) and a complete Heavy-Duty Replacement Handle. All of these are available in nice contrasting colors or black and are guaranteed not to break (free replacement).

Available on eBay with PayPal:
Handle Anchor Set $10. (+s&h)
4 Feet $12. (+s&h)
8 Feet & Handle Anchor Set $30 (+s&h)
Heavy Duty Replacement Handle $32.00 (+s&h)

Nerw%20Anchor%202.jpg

YellowHandle1.jpg

DJICaseColors.JPG

CHColors.jpg

[QUOTE....work with the Original OEM Case versions 1 and 2.....[/QUOTE]

Are there 2 versions of the case? Whats the differences on these 2 case versions?

The handle anchors we 3D print (in matte z-ABS) work with the Original OEM Case versions 1 and 2 and are guaranteed not to break (and feature embedded nuts and bolts unlike the version 1 anchors). We also have replacement feet (in sets of 4) and a complete Heavy-Duty Replacement Handle. All of these are available in nice contrasting colors or black and are guaranteed not to break (free replacement).

Available on eBay with PayPal:
Handle Anchor Set $10. (+s&h)
4 Feet $12. (+s&h)
8 Feet & Handle Anchor Set $30 (+s&h)
Heavy Duty Replacement Handle $32.00 (+s&h)

Nerw%20Anchor%202.jpg

YellowHandle1.jpg

DJICaseColors.JPG

CHColors.jpg
David

They look very good and much better than my hardware store equivalent (see post #6). Where were you when I needed you?

He David. This looks great!Sadly for you I don't use my original case anymore.But if there is somebody who's looking for these parts I will recommend you.

When i bought my Inspire 1 the pieces that holds the handle on the original case was broken.
They are made of plastic and the plastic had broken on both sides of the handle.

I saw that the pieces are attached to the case by 2 screws on each side, so it should not be too hard to change those broken pieces for new ones.

I have emailed DJI Europe but haven't got an answer yet.

So does anybody know if these parts are sold so i don´t need to buy a whole new case because of these small plastic parts.
Or if they are made by someone privately that sells them?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 3327
Hi
I had same problem,glued them back together with gorilla glue and after set I used existing screws and screwed back on,still holding after 2 months

Hi
I had same problem,glued them back together with gorilla glue and after set I used existing screws and screwed back on,still holding after 2 months

I had one of the anchor pieces missing and the other one also had a piece missing, so glue was not an option for me. I ended up buying handle anchors from davidbarwin, the ones shown earlier in this thread.
And i must say that they work fine and looks nice, they are probably much stronger than the original ones?

As for DJI they have still not responded to my email about the handle anchors, and its about three weeks since i emailed them, why aren't i surprised?

Krazy Glue baby!!! Had 1 of the 4 bolts go out and some Krazy Glue did the trick. No problems since. Might want to try it out and see if not solved your problem before spending more on buying more stuff.

Krazy Glue baby!!! Had 1 of the 4 bolts go out and some Krazy Glue did the trick. No problems since. Might want to try it out and see if not solved your problem before spending more on buying more stuff.

Well the handle anchors costs 10 USD on ebay, so its not a whole lot of spending, especially compared to the price of the Inspire 1.

After spending a good sum of money on the Inspire 1, extra battery,used i pad ,larger sd card,gamble lock,sun shade, and misc cables, I was running out of funds. After looking for soft cases in the $120-200 range I found this one for $50 with free shipping and no tax. It came much faster than they estimated and the Inspire 1 fits very nicely. Everything I need fits in the bag. I keep the i pad in a soft sleeve and store it under the handle between the foam and the case. It also has a Velcro close able pocket on one side and a mesh pocket on the other.And a zipper pocket on the front that i store the removable prop guards and manual in. I may get a hard case for it eventually,but for now,it’s perfect.

Does this have the Inspire legs on the outside of the bag and only the aircraft body inside, or does the whole aircraft fit inside?
This looks very much as the ones where the legs are located outside the bag.
And does the aircraft only fit inside the bag in travel mode?

[QUOTE....work with the Original OEM Case versions 1 and 2.....

Are there 2 versions of the case? Whats the differences on these 2 case versions?[/QUOTE]
From what I've seen the original version didn't have embedded nuts in the handle anchors and the later (second) version does but they're both from some brittle (easy to break with a good impact) plastic.

For the record I have the complete set of what David sells and couldn't be happier with their fit, function, and appearance. Now I have to see if he makes any items to pimp my new GoPro case.

Me too and they are holding together good, i haven´t been abusing the handle and the anchors too much but i can see that they are made of another kind of plastic or at least made with another kind of process. The original ones looks as they are made of a kind that breaks more easily and breaks in pieces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo