Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro will not stay at idle RPM when battery is 20% or less

Reaction score
No issues what so ever with the Pro X5. I have to ask if this is normal. I am always on the ground at 20% and I try to let it just idle. But I cannot, it will start increasing RPMs until it's rear gets off the ground, without my input to decrease throttle it would possibly flip over. This is not a real issue because I am draining down the battery.

Anyway, just curious. Also a BIG thanks to all that have posted on this forum........I have been very busy reading and learning.

No issues what so ever with the Pro X5. I have to ask if this is normal. I am always on the ground at 20% and I try to let it just idle. But I cannot, it will start increasing RPMs until it's rear gets off the ground, without my input to decrease throttle it would possibly flip over. This is not a real issue because I am draining down the battery.

Anyway, just curious. Also a BIG thanks to all that have posted on this forum........I have been very busy reading and learning.
Yes - unless you hold the throttle down for 3 seconds to cut the motors the flight controller will go through what's known as integral wind up.
This is caused by the flight controller trying to correct aircraft attitude, but because the Inspire is already on the ground any increase in speed in any one of the props does not 'correct' the aircraft. This fools the flight controller into thinking an external force is acting upon the aircraft and thus it tries harder to correct. The result is a kind of feedback loop where eventually the aircraft can flip.
You should not attempt to leave it at idle once safe on deck.
Kill the motors to prevent this or if you are running battery down to calibrate, hover a few inches above the ground.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thats because its trying to save your batteries! What is your first level battery warning at. Its not set at the factory for nothing at 30%. I would suggest landing with 20% is OK but not best practice.

Thats because its trying to save your batteries! What is your first level battery warning at. Its not set at the factory for nothing at 30%. I would suggest landing with 20% is OK but not best practice.
No - the OP is talking about an increase of RPM once the aircraft is on the ground.

Here is an example of the phenomenon (the YouTube poster erroneously thought it was a bug which it isn't)

Yes - unless you hold the throttle down for 3 seconds to cut the motors the flight controller will go through what's known as integral wind up.
This is caused by the flight controller trying to correct aircraft attitude, but because the Inspire is already on the ground any increase in speed in any one of the props does not 'correct' the aircraft. This fools the flight controller into thinking an external force is acting upon the aircraft and thus it tries harder to correct. The result is a kind of feedback loop where eventually the aircraft can flip.
You should not attempt to leave it at idle once safe on deck.
Kill the motors to prevent this or if you are running battery down to calibrate, hover a few inches above the ground.

So many so called "flyaways" caused but this when people put the controller down after landing and not shutting down the motors, Baro drift, FC trying to compensate and as you say it can't move.

Never leave the props running after landing,

Never spin the props unless the controller is in your hand

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla