Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Question

Reaction score
Hi Guys,New here. Ive been Flying the Phantom 3 Pro and have finally decided its time to take the leap and get an inspire. I found a good deal on Amazon that has the inspire V1 with an extra battery and from an authorized reseller. My Questions is what is the biggest difference between the Inspire 1 and the new V2? I know the motors have been upgraded but no one has been able to confirm if they are better or not. Is it even worth getting the V2 because of that? Thanks a lot of the help!

The newest is not always the best. A little upgraded motors and prop lock design. I personally like the prop lock design more then care about the motor upgrade. The V1 inspire is just as good as the V2. The hype right now is the V2 because it's "new". If it were me. I would buy the V1 and get 2 or 3 batteries for the same price as the V2. Just my opinion. Good luck and you can't go wrong with either.

Waternut13134, the best thing about the V2 is the new prop lock design. The difference between the old and new motors will most likley be unnoticeable. If I were you, I would buy the V1 and buy the new prop install kit & props when DJI releases them (which they are saying is going to happen soon). Based on the price of the current 1345s prop install kit, the new kit & props will most likely cost about $30.

Thanks for the help guys. It sounds like I made the right choice then. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks again for the help!

The V2 would have an X5 camera, and the leg extensions wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not for anywhere close to the cost of a inspire V1 it wont. the newer x5 camera alone is over 2K more i believe.

So the V2 isn't what's known as the "Pro" then?
Not sure what the V2 is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no, the v2 isnt the same as inspire pro. v2 is just the basic inspire upgraded with some slight improvements like new motors and prop lock systems since the inspire is over a year old at this point. You cant even get the inspire v1 from dji anymore i dont believe, only from other dealers old stock. the inspire pro should be v2 as well, but with the extended feet and new slightly better camera which make it the "pro" upgrade option.

Reactions: Ezookiel
It's all product marketing strategy. They could not position/market an Inspire1 'Pro' without also upgrading things like motors and ESC's, even if it wasn't really needed. But it would be inefficient to have different ESC's and motors for the regular Inspire1. That would increase the production costs. So they start using the same parts for the I1 as for the Pro. Now it is only decided if it is a Pro or just an I1, at the final station, just right before they flash and test the software. And why not just sell the 'later' I1's as a 'enhanced' V2 version and ask extra money for it, they must have thought. Some people might even sell their V1 to get a V2!

This way they keep the production cost low and at the same time increase the margin by raising the product price.

Brilliant strategie. And simple as apple(pie).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar