Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 quick release props

Reaction score
So I just got my inspire 1 Model D the with the quick release prop locks. Today I was messing around with the inspire and the rear props will pop off if you turn them the other way. I fixed one side but the other side still will come off without pressing down on the prop first. It looks like if I pull the prop up a bit then it locks into place but as soon as I let go it will be able to spin off again. It flys fine but with the dynamic braking I don't want to risk it. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

I tried a different prop as well,still no joy.

The ones you press down and turn? I thought the self tighten with locks were the ones that shipped with the inspire originaly?
No. The self tightening props spin on. And, then it's best to attach a prop lock to ensure the prop does not spin off mid-air.

Inspire_1_006.jpg

The newest version of the Inspire 1 has a new type of quick release props. If you'd like to upgrade, you'll need to order two 1345T prop kits and two sets of the new 1345T quick release props. I have them on my new Inspire 1 -- and, they are no doubt much more secure than the quick release kit you're using now.

Here's a video showing how the new props attach:

Last edited:
The ones you press down and turn? I thought the self tighten with locks were the ones that shipped with the inspire original?
No. The self tightening props spin on. And, then it's best to attach a prop lock to ensure the prop does not spin off mid-air.

Inspire_1_006.jpg

The newest version of the Inspire 1 has a new type of quick release props. If you'd like to upgrade, you'll need to order two 1345T prop kits and two sets of the new 1345T quick release props. I have them on my new Inspire 1 -- and, they are no doubt much more secure than the quick release kit you're using now.

Here's a video showing how the new props attach:

Yes those are the ones I have. Its like a medicine jar,you press down and turn to lock them on and the same to get them off. They all lock but one,When I go and spin it the opposite direction like to unlock it but not pressing it down the prop will just pop off.

So there are 3 versions of the prop for I1, the original self tightening 1345, the quick release 1345s and the new quick release 1345T. Is anyone upgrading to the T version?

So there are 3 versions of the prop for I1, the original self tightening 1345, the quick release 1345s and the new quick release 1345T. Is anyone upgrading to the T version?
Heres a video of me explaining it since its hard to explain.
I don't think you should fly your Inspire until you fix that. It's not clear as to whether the issue is the prop kit or the prop itself. Swap the prop and see if it still comes off. If it does, then you need a new 1345S prop kit.

As I said above though, it would be best to upgrade to the 1345T prop kit. Due to the way it's designed, it doesn't look like it'll ever wear out. The 1345S prop kit will eventually wear out and need replaced. And, hopefully you notice it needs replaced before a prop flies off mid-flight.

I don't think you should fly your Inspire until you fix that. It's not clear as to whether the issue is the prop kit or the prop itself. Swap the prop and see if it still comes off. If it does, then you need a new 1345S prop kit.

As I said above though, it would be best to upgrade to the 1345T prop kit. Due to the way it's designed, it doesn't look like it'll ever wear out. The 1345S prop kit will eventually wear out and need replaced. And, hopefully you notice it needs replaced before a prop flies off mid-flight.

Thanks! I was able to order a new 1345S prop kit and thanks to amazon same day delivery I was able to swap it out and it works =) But you know what,Im going to order the new ones since I agree it looks a lot better! Thanks

100% i believe the self tighten props and the prop lock is the best way to go... locked in there more then the quick release, multiple threds hold it and the lock itself. i wont use the Quick release anything...

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
You would think there would be a recall on all of the older style quick release props and mounts as they have been known to fail because of a bad design.

Bummer thing about the "T" model props is that you're going to need to engineer a solution to balance them...

Bummer thing about the "T" model props is that you're going to need to engineer a solution to balance them...
DJI confirmed that original DJI props come already balanced. And I agree. All the original props I have, QR and the good old Self Threaders (I use nothing else anymore), are perfect.

DJI confirmed that original DJI props come already balanced. And I agree. All the original props I have, QR and the good old Self Threaders (I use nothing else anymore), are perfect.
I have never needed to balance mine either and I have a few different sets.

From reading the above, seems like there are two different preference -- the original self tightening with lock, or the new T. I have invested in quite a few sets of S props and don't necessarily want to reinvest in T model if I don't have to. Is the T worth upgrading in everyone's opinion?

Hi all,

Since I'm about to order.. It'll be a v2 and will come with 1345T props....

Why/how did the original prop design come off? The current phantoms use ccw and cw props as well and the props don't come off?? Sunnysky, tmotor etc... motors have ccw and cw adapters (not the cheap ones) and props don't come off! Granted they use a nut to attach the props vs a threaded prop.

EDIT: I did a search and its related to Dynamic braking which the phantom 3 has.. But I guess the larger props and heavier weight it can knock them loose.

Anyone have an idea how many flights the 1345T adapters will last? I read the previous "s" are rated for about 200?

Ben

Last edited:
Bought a Dubro prop balancer, sent to USA for a machined, heat treated balancing rod for the QR props, bought various grades of emery paper, then subsequently found all eight props were perfectly balanced, needless to say I could have saved my money. :(

Reactions: lake_flyer
Bought a Dubro prop balancer, sent to USA for a machined, heat treated balancing rod for the QR props, bought various grades of emery paper, then subsequently found all eight props were perfectly balanced, needless to say I could have saved my money. :(
Ahhhh, but you didn't KNOW that until you checked them. ;)

Yeah, I'm using only original DJI props (also for my Phantoms) for more than 2 years and never got anything worse than perfectly balanced from them. I will never buy anything else for that matter.

Yeah, I'm using only original DJI props (also for my Phantoms) for more than 2 years and never got anything worse than perfectly balanced from them. I will never buy anything else for that matter.

Man I'm jealous of you guys! I'm using a DuBro balancer, and an EJH rod (I have S series props) and found almost all of my hubs were a touch out of balance. I want to say all of the blades were good however. I started playing with UAS in the early days of Arducopter, and let me tell you how nice these DJI props are to balance compared to the APC Slow-flys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair