Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RC not updating

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've desperately been trying to update my RC firmware tried searching here on the forum and various other sites for solution but no success so far :)

AC has updated successfully.

What is happening now is that the DJI GO app is showing everything normal in the overall status. No errors are showing at all. Previously it was showing an error indicating a need to update the RC.

I've made various attempts to update and watched the videos my RC has not done the procedure seen in the videos with the LED's flashing sequence. Is there a way for me to verify the RC firmware somehow?

Try to update it again, then read the text file created, should say aborted meaning the RC already has the update on it.

Reactions: zx81
Ok if I delete the tx file and try to update the RC again a new tx file will be created indicating if the firmware took or indicate aborted if the FW is unto date?

App shows V2.0.0
Firmware shows 1.3.00.00

But I'm not sure if this indicates RC firmware status.
The RC has not gone through the regular update flashing sequence.
Still no error showing in the overall status. Just test hovered inches of the ground for test flight all seems fine flight wise in Atti.

Trying LockMD's trick of re generating a tx file with another update to see what comes up.

Hi Guys,

I've desperately been trying to update my RC firmware tried searching here on the forum and various other sites for solution but no success so far :)

AC has updated successfully.

What is happening now is that the DJI GO app is showing everything normal in the overall status. No errors are showing at all. Previously it was showing an error indicating a need to update the RC.

I've made various attempts to update and watched the videos my RC has not done the procedure seen in the videos with the LED's flashing sequence. Is there a way for me to verify the RC firmware somehow?
What was the last PC firmware you installed? I updated my little used Slave RC today which had 1.2.1.6 or earlier installed. The GO App 2.0.0 indicated that the RC firmware needed updating but then displayed the message that the firmware version did not allow updating from the RC and that I should use a USB stick. I loaded 1.3.0.0 on the stick and it started updating after about 30 secs.

I had a less satisfactory experience updating my Master RC due to having used it for beta testing. I experienced a couple of false starts before I got the message similar to yours. If the GO app is indicating that the firmware is ok, you may find it has updated. I would try it with your aircraft.

How strange, My ipad mini 2 with IOS 8.4 and GO 2.0.0 shows..
App version 2.0.0
Firmware Version 1.3.00.00
Website www.dji.com

EDIT With the AC connected!
I tried the iPad and RC and then connected to the I1. The Firmware line did not appear. It may say 1.3.0.0 but is that the aircraft or controller? Ideally we need what I have seen before, a full list of the overall firmware version and those for each sub-system (ie. IMU, RC, gimbal, etc).

I tried the iPad and RC and then connected to the I1. The Firmware line did not appear. It may say 1.3.0.0 but is that the aircraft or controller? Ideally we need what I have seen before, a full list of the overall firmware version and those for each sub-system (ie. IMU, RC, gimbal, etc).

Agree that would be helpful.

Guys when trying to update the RC via the mini usb on the camera should the ac be powered up or not?

If AC is powered it assumes I'm trying to do a FW update on the AC and generates a Tx file saying aborted because the FW on the AC is actually unto date. Can't seem to get a RC FW confirmation of any sort. I got the same msg as Scotflieger saying that I could not update via the Go App and to try a USB stick. Tried 5 different ones FAT 32 formatted and EXFAT still no go :(

Flys fine and no errors showing in the app.

Guys when trying to update the RC via the mini usb on the camera should the ac be powered up or not?

If AC is powered it assumes I'm trying to do a FW update on the AC and generates a Tx file saying aborted because the FW on the AC is actually unto date. Can't seem to get a RC FW confirmation of any sort. I got the same msg as Scotflieger saying that I could not update via the Go App and to try a USB stick. Tried 5 different ones FAT 32 formatted and EXFAT still no go :(

Flys fine and no errors showing in the app.
If you try connecting your RC USB to the camera mini-USB, you will need to have the I1 powered up. However, be careful with the gimbal self-test. The camera is no turned off until the RC is powered up and detected. I did this by connecting the USB lead to the camera, powering up the aircraft and waiting for the self-test to complete. The head and cable will do the dance but no damage should occur. Then connect the lead to the RC and power up the RC.

I found this method not totally to my liking so reverted to the USB stick option direct to the RC. Also as the USB stick option is no longer available in future you may find that the USB cable to the camera is also not an option.

I suggest you review the latest firmware update notes and the appropriate section in the latest user manual 1.4. You may find following these may help you.

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

Brilliant :)

Followed the instructions and it worked.

Thank you so much for the reset RC file and the advice.
It's now all up to date.

Now just calibration of Batteries to look at.

Another happy customer...... :) Hey Aviator, I'm thinking your instructions/files should be a sticky as seems a lot of people are being helped by you. Kudos to you! Maybe if The Editor or Mazz comes upon this they will consider it to be a sticky.

Agree 100%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop