Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Up and Running, but possible Issue

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been using an inspire 2 paired with a zenmuse x7 to conduct wildlife surveys for my masters thesis, but long story short, the poor beast crashed for what seemed to be no reason. My lab had foolishly not purchased DJI Refresh for the sUAS and camera, but remarkabley, DJI admitted the failure was due to mechanical issues and is currently repairing both items for free. I know a lot of people have horror stories about DJI, but they treated me very well....Now, getting to the point. In my attempt to not loose an entire season, I'm planing on using my inspire 1 to conduct surveys for the time being. I upgraded the gimbal mount to an X5, added risers, attached new V2/Pro motors and purchased a zenmuse x5 (i'm broke now). The issue is that a couple months back, while conducting a disturbance assessment, i accidentally crashed the drone into water (the winds were at 25mph and the drone went into Atti since i had to land on a boat; i dove in and got the drone within 10 seconds). I removed the battery immediately and dried off the drone for a week with a dehumidifer before starting her back up again. The drone started up first thing and hasn't had any problems. My only worry is that after installing the new Pro firmware (it may have happened before and i just didn't notice) the light on the back of the inspire 1 will flash the normal two flashes of green i normally expect, but flash a red light in between. The GPS is great, I've re-calibrated the IMU, and i haven't had any issues, but i'm terrified to take up my x5 if something could go wrong. Has anyone seen this before/does anyone know what i should do?

Best Regards,
Ro

Hello,

I've been using an inspire 2 paired with a zenmuse x7 to conduct wildlife surveys for my masters thesis, but long story short, the poor beast crashed for what seemed to be no reason. My lab had foolishly not purchased DJI Refresh for the sUAS and camera, but remarkabley, DJI admitted the failure was due to mechanical issues and is currently repairing both items for free. I know a lot of people have horror stories about DJI, but they treated me very well....Now, getting to the point. In my attempt to not loose an entire season, I'm planing on using my inspire 1 to conduct surveys for the time being. I upgraded the gimbal mount to an X5, added risers, attached new V2/Pro motors and purchased a zenmuse x5 (i'm broke now). The issue is that a couple months back, while conducting a disturbance assessment, i accidentally crashed the drone into water (the winds were at 25mph and the drone went into Atti since i had to land on a boat; i dove in and got the drone within 10 seconds). I removed the battery immediately and dried off the drone for a week with a dehumidifer before starting her back up again. The drone started up first thing and hasn't had any problems. My only worry is that after installing the new Pro firmware (it may have happened before and i just didn't notice) the light on the back of the inspire 1 will flash the normal two flashes of green i normally expect, but flash a red light in between. The GPS is great, I've re-calibrated the IMU, and i haven't had any issues, but i'm terrified to take up my x5 if something could go wrong. Has anyone seen this before/does anyone know what i should do?

Best Regards,
Ro
This has been covered previously. Are you certain it isn't several green followed by two longer reds?

Check your sectionals - you will find you are either in an area that will limit your agl (Such as an AIAA) or within a airport/runway extension.
This sequence means - yes, you have GPS fix but you should be aware of some limitation regarding the location.

Please use the search function to find other threads on the subject already covered.

This has been covered previously. Are you certain it isn't several green followed by two longer reds?

Check your sectionals - you will find you are either in an area that will limit your agl (Such as an AIAA) or within a airport/runway extension.
This sequence means - yes, you have GPS fix but you should be aware of some limitation regarding the location.

Please use the search function to find other threads on the subject already covered.
I apologize for not researching through the forum more thoroughly to identify the issue. My lab is within Class C airspace (I wasn't trying to fly in the area, just upgrade my drone), so this explains everything. Thank you!

I apologize for not researching through the forum more thoroughly to identify the issue. My lab is within Class C airspace (I wasn't trying to fly in the area, just upgrade my drone), so this explains everything. Thank you!
Glad it explained/sorted the problem. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo