Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v2.0 is launched

Reaction score
This is now on the Dji website. New motors, new prop locking system and ungraded gimbal mount. Basically the PRO version, but with the old x3 camera.

any information about upgrading existing I1 to v2.0? New prop locks for sale?

This language is confusing: "Tips: The 1345s Quick Release Propeller is not compatible with the Inspire 1 V2.0. The Inspire 1 V2.0 will receive it's own propeller update soon." So v2.0 is brand new and it will have a new prop update soon after new release?

the new version has a different motor and prop quick-release, so it'll be using a different prop as well.

upload_2015-11-2_13-33-46.pngupload_2015-11-2_13-34-22.png

Reactions: JayBurd
Thanks. I wonder if they will offer the new motor and prop for sale. Does anyone know if the I1 Pro has the old or new motor?

Will these new motors be compatible with V1?
Will it be for sale? (No thanks! I'll install them myself)
Where and when can i buy them (Don't tell me about new motors when you won't sell them to me)

My frustration is this, i have a grounded I1 because of a burnt motor. Sending in the I1 for repairs costed us over $1400 +shipping the first time. A burnt motor which i can easily replace myself in ten minutes, was not going to make us send the bird again all the way from Nigeria to China, spend more $ than necessary and then wait for ever to get it back, so we tried to lay hold of some stock actual inspire1 motors. That alone caught the attention of Ethan Hunt. True! He asked me to join his IMPOSSIBLE MISSION FORCE.
(The E800 are not the inspire 1 motor, don't educate me about them. They don't have the vertical mounting feet.)

24. Tell Me DJI, i pray thee, if truly we are important to thee,
do not deny us of this information,
25. Tell us whether it'll please thee to retail thy new motors.

-The Word According to..

Looks like the new locking system is with the new motors. Don't think that will be released anytime soon on its own. Even the new props are not available. 3 different props for an inspire 1 lol.

No - the motor mounting is at 90 degrees and integral to the I1 motor although the size, stator, magnet count and rating are the same as the E800's they will not fit the Inspire.

You can be a cool kid though and mount you're e800 bell housing on your i1 motor...

So is the I1 upgradeable to make it equivalent to the V2 just announced?

Hard to say at the moment...Not sure how DJI is going to handle the upgrade (if that's what it's called) hopefully they just offer it as a kit, although it means getting into your inspire and doing solder work...so it could also end up being a service style upgrade, send in your i1 get it back with the new motors.

You can easily put the new feet and the x5 gimbal mount on though.

So it looks like it is what about $200 dollars more too? Is anyone selling this new vision yet? Or do you think the ones being sold right now at the same price mark of $2,699/$2,899 depending were you look is the new version V2?
Guessing probably not because it just came out what this week right? So for Amazon/other online store to get them in probably won't see them anytime soon?

The latest version is definitely ugly with the external dampeners disrupting the iconic clean-swept look of the original. Meh, I wouldn't want it instead of the original; looks matter much to me and I know I am not the only one.

Reactions: Christopher Sayles
Ya it does not even speak about that update..?? Was there a reason for it? Better dampening/stabilization? Why nothing about it in the specs/features, or did I miss it? Or is it not really an update? Maybe price saving/lighter?

sorry I think DJI is ripping us all off.... i hope later on we don't have firmware problems.... prop locks no big deal .. I wish some one will come out with some good quick props and mounts... my next bird will be a custom build , no more money from me to DJI..

sorry I think DJI is ripping us all off.... i hope later on we don't have firmware problems.... prop locks no big deal .. I wish some one will come out with some good quick props and mounts... my next bird will be a custom build , no more money from me to DJI..
What kind of problems are you having with the current quick locks....?

The larger dampeners 'should' provide more lateral and vertical increase in dampening capabilities compared to the older one, especially with the upgradeability to the bigger and heavier x5 cameras.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips