Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v2.0 Pro - multiple issues

Reaction score
Consistent issues -

Using smartphone or iPad, no or distorted camera display. CS display coming, so maybe my device...

Bird wants to tilt to the right. Re-calibrated IMU, no joy. IMU readings are zero to less than one, so IMU is OK. Replaced props. Still no joy. Calibrated controller inputs. No joy.

Bird does not maintain compass calibration, and compass readings seem out of spec during flight.
Also, constantly says "Calibrate Compass", but even after successful calibration, does not seem to maintain it. Is this required before every flight?

Camera footage is awful. Set up several times per instructions online, still crap. Camera is X5, 64gB Sandisk Pro. Lens and sensor clean, keeping aperture at around f./2 to f./5.6 for sharpness.

Bird sometimes says "Home position set", usually not, if returning to home, just descends FAST(!) and lands even though set to come back to home. Can't seem to locate home to return to even though I can see the H on the map.

Overall, bird flies like a pig and doesn't seem to be very smart. Firmware is up to date. Please help!

Kev

Last edited:
Consistent issues -

Using smartphone or iPad, no or distorted camera display. CS display coming, so maybe my device...

Bird wants to tilt to the right. Re-calibrated IMU, no joy. IMU readings are zero to less than one, so IMU is OK. Replaced props. Still no joy. Calibrated controller inputs. No joy.

Bird does not maintain compass calibration, and compass readings seem out of spec during flight.
Also, constantly says "Calibrate Compass", but even after successful calibration, does not seem to maintain it. Is this required before every flight?

Camera footage is awful. Set up several times per instructions online, still crap. Camera is X5, 64gB Sandisk Pro. Lens and sensor clean, keeping aperture at around f./2 to f./5.6 for sharpness.

Bird sometimes says "Home position set", usually not, if returning to home, just descends FAST(!) and lands even though set to come back to home. Can't seem to locate home to return to even though I can see the H on the map.

Overall, bird flies like a pig and doesn't seem to be very smart. Firmware is up to date. Please help!

Kev

Sounds like something very wrong; also, like multiple issues: Are your iPad/iPhone IOS updated (current)?
Firmware updated? Suggest u reinstall DJI GO; Make sure u take off with bird in level surface. Hope this helps

Got a 7.85" CS display from Jim at Florida Drone Supply. 99% of problems gone. One last, albeit major issue remains - the radio range of video transmission is 150 yds... maybe. Looking at the antennae, in my opinion, they are junque. Fancy-speak for garbage. Plastic coil-in-resin junk.

Don't want to drop the $ for Titan antennae. Does someone make a decent tried-and-true whip antenna mod?

Thanks. And thanks, Jim @ Florida Drone Supply!

Kevin

Reactions: TronesDrones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop