Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2.0 T-600 or T-601

Reaction score
Inspire 1 T600 or T601
Hello all,
As much as I hate to belabor this issue, I have found the need to reach out to learn if anyone has recently acquired the latest version of the Inspire 1 V2.0. Specifically the T-601 model. This model has been associated with the latest FCC identifier# ending in1510 rather than 1410 .
Apparently determining which model is which may actually only be accomplished by opening the cardboard shipping cartons for further examination, however I feel the DJI QA (quality assurance) stamp which is generally located on the exterior of the cardboard carton may have some bearing as to when the model was manufactured and provide further insight of the particular model within. If I can learn the date associated with one of the newer production model eg T-601, I may then be better able to zero in on one of those models by looking to the inspection stamps mentioned.

Bottom line, I'm looking for this particular info. from anyone with the a Inspire V2.0 T-601 model, and if you would please let me know what the date stamped on the cardboard shipping box, this may better help me and others hopefully locate a T-601 should they desire.
Any help would certainly be much appreciated.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I'm not wishing to rain on your parade and you may or may not have a valid predictor but from my experience since uncovering the FCC data in November I know there were 1510s here shortly there after however it had a lot to do with fulfillment of orders and dealer size and importance not to mention the promo birds that were spread across the US by they're marketing department. From the little I've gleaned it seems large dealers that have proven record of high sales volume were supplied with the new models first of course and how many was in some cases there decision. Dji continued to supply the new models to dealers in an order based on sales volume until all had them and of course then continued to resupply based on production. Unfortunately due to sales inconsistencies between one dealer to the next predicting resupply and eventually introduction of models containing the newer equipment is like flipping a coin really. If a dealer ordered more than they could sell in November they may still not have the preferred bird. Good luck!

Thanks for all your work and input here, Chnjab. However aside from your rational of the issue, I was wondering if you yourself had come to acquire the T-601 model, and if so could you check the outer cardboard carton for the DJI QA stamp date referred to in my previous posting?
I feel this specific information may be very helpful.
Thanks again, for all your help on this.

I can tell you the outside QC stamp on my recently received RMA bird was marked 12-4-2015 and its a 1410. Just sent it back again. My initial 1410 had 2 stickers on the case, one marked V2 and one marked Inspire and both had different date codes. The RMA bird I just received had "3" stickers on the case, two marked V2 and one marked Inspire. One was a bar code, one was a QR code (again, both different date codes) and one had a double bar code. Both stickers with bar codes said V2 and the QR code sticker just said Inspire. Dont know if this helps you but on 12-4-2015 at least some I1V2's were still 600's, not 601's.

I can tell you the outside QC stamp on my recently received RMA bird was marked 12-4-2015 and its a 1410. Just sent it back again. My initial 1410 had 2 stickers on the case, one marked V2 and one marked Inspire and both had different date codes. The RMA bird I just received had "3" stickers on the case, two marked V2 and one marked Inspire. One was a bar code, one was a QR code (again, both different date codes) and one had a double bar code. Both stickers with bar codes said V2 and the QR code sticker just said Inspire. Dont know if this helps you but on 12-4-2015 at least some I1V2's were still 600's, not 601's.
OK, once and forever: what is the issue with these T600/601 models? Mine is T600 (1410, not 1510), purchased November 2015 from local dealer in Calgary AB, Canada. I'm reading some negative buzz on Inspire Pro forums, bouncing back and forth, but I'm not really getting what's all about. Please elaborate in "T600/T601 difference for dummies" style...

Reactions: Jim Weist
OK, once and forever: what is the issue with these T600/601 models? Mine is T600 (1410, not 1510), purchased November 2015 from local dealer in Calgary AB, Canada. I'm reading some negative buzz on Inspire Pro forums, bouncing back and forth, but I'm not really getting what's all about. Please elaborate in "T600/T601 difference for dummies" style...

The difference is transmitter power on the bird, it was almost tripled for FCC specified 601's. I believe you are limited in Canada so you would not see any difference in power output. Look in the general section for more details. This only impacts FCC specified V2's. Even if you have a 601, I believe, your power output is going to be limited to the original specs of the V1. This is the case most everywhere else in the world and everyone else is having reasonably good results (for the most part) with the original transmitter power output.

Keep your bird and fly! You wont have any advantage with a 601 due to Canadian restrictions on allowable power output in that 2.4ghz spectrum.

Reactions: Skynet1
The difference is transmitter power on the bird, it was almost tripled for FCC specified 601's. I believe you are limited in Canada so you would not see any difference in power output. Look in the general section for more details. This only impacts FCC specified V2's. Even if you have a 601, I believe, your power output is going to be limited to the original specs of the V1. This is the case most everywhere else in the world and everyone else is having reasonably good results (for the most part) with the original transmitter power output.

Keep your bird and fly! You wont have any advantage with a 601 due to Canadian restrictions on allowable power output in that 2.4ghz spectrum.
OK, I can live with that. I don't have a clue about transmitter power restrictions in Canada, have to dig. Another words US pilots can obtain more powerful RC with extended range or what? Thank you anyway for throwing some light on this subject!

OK, I can live with that. I don't have a clue about transmitter power restrictions in Canada, have to dig. Another words US pilots can obtain more powerful RC with extended range or what? Thank you anyway for throwing some light on this subject!

From everything I've learned after "EXTENSIVE" research, range is not going to change much if at all. The only advantage I can see with a higher powered 601 is you "might" be able to cut through noise ceilings in the 2.4ghz spectrum due to the higher powered transmitter. There are a lot of devices in the 2.4ghz spectrum. HAM radio operators are allowed to broadcast at over 60dBm which could (depending on channel) impact a 600 bird if in close proximity. FM radio, baby monitors, cordless phones, some blue tooth devices, wireless video transmitters, microwaves, wifi, VOIP base stations, etc, etc can all use the 2.4ghz spectrum to varying power degrees. Granted some of these dont compete with the power output of a 601 (FCC 1510) bird but a 600 bird falls closer to the max power output on a number of these devices in US controlled FCC areas.

From everything I've learned after "EXTENSIVE" research, range is not going to change much if at all. The only advantage I can see with a higher powered 601 is you "might" be able to cut through noise ceilings in the 2.4ghz spectrum due to the higher powered transmitter. There are a lot of devices in the 2.4ghz spectrum. HAM radio operators are allowed to broadcast at over 60dBm which could (depending on channel) impact a 600 bird if in close proximity. FM radio, baby monitors, cordless phones, some blue tooth devices, wireless video transmitters, microwaves, wifi, VOIP base stations, etc, etc can all use the 2.4ghz spectrum to varying power degrees. Granted some of these dont compete with the power output of a 601 (FCC 1510) bird but a 600 bird falls closer to the max power output on a number of these devices in US controlled FCC areas.
Well, since 99% of my flying is happening in remote areas of British Columbia/Alberta Rockies far from civilization, than this is not a issue for me, I guess. Thanks again, mate.

Well, since 99% of my flying is happening in remote areas of British Columbia/Alberta Rockies far from civilization, than this is not a issue for me, I guess. Thanks again, mate.

Ahhhh, so cool. Im a BC native (grew up in the distant burbs of Vancouver) and spent a lot of time in the Kootenay's and Okanagan before defecting to the US. :)

I often flew into Castelgar back in 80's (twice a month) which was one of the most evil decent's in flight history back then. **** white knuckle stuff!

Ever been to Skookumchuck? LOL

Ahhhh, so cool. Im a BC native (grew up in the distant burbs of Vancouver) and spent a lot of time in the Kootenay's and Okanagan before defecting to the US. :)

I often flew into Castelgar back in 80's (twice a month) which was one of the most evil decent's in flight history back then. **** white knuckle stuff!

Ever been to Skookumchuck? LOL
Yep, been to Castlegar last summer, seen this famous "runway to hell", parked for a while on top of this hill at the end and watched an older twin engine struggling to clear the obstacle. Spectacular view, however. Talking about white knuckles ... experienced several times during fierce spring storms on Kootenay Lake with my house boat... Nope, never been to Skookumchuck Narrows and no plans to go there, too old for wild tide currents and whirlpools. Had enough adrenaline rush flying my $5K Inspire above water anyway :)...Cheers!

I just go finished having a lengthy conversation with DJI California.
The gentlemen replied as follows:

"Regardless of the RC, be it an, "A", "B", "C"........after the latest firmware update they will all send and receive signals the same regardless of which model the RC is. The sending and receiving power is a software not hardware."

"Regardless of the AC model be it a 1410, or a 1510. The transmitter on the 1510 is from a different vendor.......same power. The software also makes both AC the same......no difference what so ever."

On another note, I asked about continuous auto focus and," He said the are considering adding that to a future software update."

Please don't take my word for it, call them, they actually answer the phone. I didn't wait 2 minutes.
Please do not double post. It is against our community rules.
You posted the exact same text HERE.

Post now deleted.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg