Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 arms out of allignmnet after crash.

Reaction score
Landed my Inspire in a tree. It fell approx 20 ft during recovery. Landed on, and destroyed gimbal and mounting plate. That's fixable fairly easily. However, the arms are now mis-alligned. I can get them to move in both directions but closer inspection reveals that one of the "ears" on the collar that travels up and down the central worm screw is bent badly out of shape. The flight arms connect to the ears and are now uneven.

I've read that replacing the central worm screw assembly is tantamount to a complete rebuild, and should not be attempted outside of a repair center. What about replacing just the "ear' that's bent, or the collar assembly itself.

Any input would be greatly helpful.

Thanks

Troy Crow

I had this happen and the only way I could find the part was to buy a whole center frame assembly that was salvaged
from a wrecked Inspire from a guy on ebay. You can see the whole assembly process here:

You can remove the vision sensor and the bottom airframe body. Then 3 torx hold the work gear into the center frame. Easiest way to replace without doing a full dismantle. I've don't it once

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6