Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 downward infrared sensor not working

Reaction score
Inspire 1 V2, V01.11 firmware, DJI Go latest version. When landing, the Inspire does not slow down and make a soft landing by itself. I looks like it will crash land, if I don't slow the descent. Also the landing gear does not deploy close to the ground. It used to do this, but the last couple of flights it does not. I believe if the infrared sensor has failed, you are supposed to get a warning message in DJI Go, but I get no error messages. I have not trying RTH autoland, I usually return home and land manually. Anyone know if there's a way to fix this, might have to swap out the sensor, but I guess it could be a circuit board issue.

Check to make sure the sensors are turned on. They may be disabled in the Go App. Shouldn't take but 5-10 minutes to find that option.

D

I checked - the Vision Protection System is on. It was working before, I guess it must have failed.

Does the landing gear operate at all. Will it go in and out of travel mode on a table to test.

Does the landing gear operate at all. Will it go in and out of travel mode on a table to test.

That's a danm good test. I completely forgot that travel mode depends on that sensor.

I'll add; Make sure there is something below the sensor that has a pattern it can read. Obviously, using a clear table won't work. Less obvious, surfaces without a pattern like white or black tile won't work. If you do it on a tile floor, make sure you place the sensor over a section where the mortar cross sections. I use a strategically-placed sticker on top of my Inspire 1 case.

Good luck.

D

The gear works fine. Auto gear mode depends on the downward vision sensor working. Since there is no warning about the ground approaching, or the Inspire slowing down right before landing, and the gear does not lower automatically, I'm assuming the VPS is out of action. I think this issue first started when I attempted to roll back the firmware, which was unsuccessful, and I subsequently restored the Inspire to V01.11. Maybe I'll try that procedure again just to check if it changes anything. Otherwise I'll probably have to send it out for repair. Thanks for the inputs.

The gear works fine. Auto gear mode depends on the downward vision sensor working. Since there is no warning about the ground approaching, or the Inspire slowing down right before landing, and the gear does not lower automatically, I'm assuming the VPS is out of action. I think this issue first started when I attempted to roll back the firmware, which was unsuccessful, and I subsequently restored the Inspire to V01.11. Maybe I'll try that procedure again just to check if it changes anything. Otherwise I'll probably have to send it out for repair. Thanks for the inputs.

Isn't there an auto landing gear mode in the menu that can be turned on or off? Without that turned on you will have to raise and lower the landing gear manually. Maybe I do not understand your issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk