Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 vs P4P Stability

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a lot of time on the Phantom series and about a year on the I2, but none on the Inspire 1. Here's the thing, I'm not happy with the stability I'm getting from my I2 on straight vertical accent shots in which there is yaw movement, and low altitude shots which kicks up too much dust/water. I don't want to keep lugging around a P4P, I2, along with all the other equipment...camera, gimbal, jib/crane, ect. if I can get everything I need with one drone.

So my question is if anyone can give me an honest comparison between the Inspire 1 and P4P on vertical accent and low altitude flight prop wash effects?

I'm looking at possibly downgrading from the I2 to the I1 to actually upgrade on what I need. I'm sure the X5S is better than the X5/X5R, but it probably won't be that much of a difference compared to the P4P downgrade which I do notice in certain conditions.

Would love to hear your your opinions and experience.

I know we've exchanged posts related to this in the recent past. I have all 3 of the above mentioned airframes and for just strait up best stability, the P4P is going to be very hard to beat. That said I have done ascending shots with them all without yaw issues, they all pretty much stay locked on to their compass heading without wavering. I wonder if your Inspire 2 might have some sort of problem? As to less prop wash and low altitude performance I think the P4P is also probably the clear winner. One of the things I predict the "Phantom 5" will have is obstacle avoidance on the vertical axis for true 6 directional OA.

If you do downgrade into an Inspire 1 you probably won't see huge differences between the X5 and X5s.

Would flying in atti not solve this issue anyway? I was told when getting qualified that you should never film in gps mode unless special circumstances dictate.

Would flying in atti not solve this issue anyway? I was told when getting qualified that you should never film in gps mode unless special circumstances dictate.
I honestly have no idea how being in GPS mode would negatively impact video work and it would be and is quiet the opposite. In atti mode you drift and sway. P4P or I2 in tripod mode would work better but, his issue is on ascending where drift would be a significant factor in atti.

I know we've exchanged posts related to this in the recent past. I have all 3 of the above mentioned airframes and for just strait up best stability, the P4P is going to be very hard to beat. That said I have done ascending shots with them all without yaw issues, they all pretty much stay locked on to their compass heading without wavering. I wonder if your Inspire 2 might have some sort of problem? As to less prop wash and low altitude performance I think the P4P is also probably the clear winner. One of the things I predict the "Phantom 5" will have is obstacle avoidance on the vertical axis for true 6 directional OA.

If you do downgrade into an Inspire 1 you probably won't see huge differences between the X5 and X5s.

Hey Dr. Ifly Drones, yes it was probably on the I2 section. If you can get the I2 to go directly vertical between 6-30ft. AGL, at slow to medium speed without any noticeable gimbal wobble, then I might have a problem with my I2. I'm able to do that on the Phantoms with no problem. Would you describe the Inspire 1 stability closer to the I2 or Phantom...or literally in between. Also, I totally understand prop wash on the I2 is unavoidable at low altitude, but again is the Inspire 1 significantly less? I totally agree that between the X5 and X5S, there shouldn't be a significant difference.

I honestly have no idea how being in GPS mode would negatively impact video work and it would be and is quiet the opposite. In atti mode you drift and sway. P4P or I2 in tripod mode would work better but, his issue is on ascending where drift would be a significant factor in atti.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Reactions: Inspirefreak
T, as far as ascending goes I would say all of my DJI gear is about equal on stability. Some are faster than others. I saw a youtube comparison and I think they showed the P4P was fastest in ascent but, a good Inspire 1 is in my opinion the Ferrari of the sky. My Inspire 2 is nimble and perhaps faster in a strait line but, when I train people to fly the different airframes the noobs all say they like the Inspire 1 best.

T, as far as ascending goes I would say all of my DJI gear is about equal on stability. Some are faster than others. I saw a youtube comparison and I think they showed the P4P was fastest in ascent but, a good Inspire 1 is in my opinion the Ferrari of the sky. My Inspire 2 is nimble and perhaps faster in a strait line but, when I train people to fly the different airframes the noobs all say they like the Inspire 1 best.

Good to know. Sending you a PM.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Because the drone does not fly quite as smoothly in gps (p) mode as atti. It is constantly using the gps data to position itself as oppose to drifting smoothly & flying on your control in atti.

But i accept i misread the original post a little so my bad haha.

RTK and the likes might prove better but not that level of gps in the I's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk