Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 wont connect

Reaction score
I recently acquired a used Inspire 1. I have successfully connected the X5 with the gimbal. When I power the controller and then drone the device fails to connect. I have the latest version of the DJI Go app, and I am able to tilt the gimble But the connection to the drone and camera is not made. The location is not the issue. IFly in a large Park away from any significant structures and in the past my Phantom 4 as well as typhoon h have always blown perfectly with no issues. Any idea why I'm not able to connect with the Inspire 1? PS the seller is a reputable one and assures me that he has flowed the Drone within the past month with no issues. Thanks

With all due respect, your post makes no sense. You're over-using the word "connect." If you can move the gimbal with the remote, you DO have a connection. So maybe edit your original post to make your problem more clear.

D

Reactions: The Editor
Thanks everyone for your advice. Donnie as you can see from the picture the software of the app DJI Go does indeed state disconnect. The only component working was the gimble tilt. Of note is the UAS did have the flashing yellow light which means no remote control signal.

Janne, I do not understand the physics behind it but when I inserted the USB cable from the Phantom 4, everything came to life and all components. work. I tried several USB cables and only the one provided by DJI worked. Care to fathom a guess as to why.

Many Thanks

Have you tried with different device/USB cable? And what device are you using?

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks everyone for your advice. Donnie as you can see from the picture the software of the app DJI Go does indeed state disconnect.

And the green light on your remote shows you ARE connected. So....again, your ambiguous use of the word "connect" leaves more questions than answers. Based on your photo (which I would've shown in the original post), we can assert that:

1) Your remote IS connected to your bird.
2) That your iPad is NOT connected to your remote.

This paints a MUCH clearer picture than, "I'm not connected." That said...

Replace the cable.

The only component working was the gimble tilt.

This assertion leads us to believe that you can't spin up the motors or fly the bird. Is this the case?????

Of note is the UAS did have the flashing yellow light which means no remote control signal.

No. The flashing yellow means ATTI mode. Read: No GPS lock, probably due to the fact that you're indoors.

Janne, I do not understand the physics behind it but when I inserted the USB cable from the Phantom 4, everything came to life and all components. work.

The "physics" are simple. You have a bad cable. Your "Phantom 4 cable" (as you call it), is nothing more than a WORKING USB->Lightning cable. I imagine ANY working cable would fix your problem. If you have an Android device (which we don't know because that is yet another missing piece of information), you replaced the cable with a working USB -> Micro USB cable.

I tried several USB cables and only the one provided by DJI worked. Care to fathom a guess as to why.

Cheap cables. Some cables carry ONLY data or ONLY power by design. Other cables are just crappy cables. I did a whole video on the subject.

Many Thanks

You're very welcome. Next time you have an issue, please be more specific with your problem. It's like calling the mechanic and asserting, "My car won't go." We're all men here. Let's communicate like men.

Note: Feminists, SAVE IT.

D

I had a post where my rc looked like that too bird was connected just not to app tried several cords still not working sent entire setup camera bird rc battery to be diagnosed found out all firmware was wiped on rc somehow, they had to replace rc & it all works now so I would try another rc if you can get a hold of one to test

I had a post where my rc looked like that too bird was connected just not to app

The bird was "connected" to what? The RC??

...tried several cords still not working sent entire setup camera bird rc battery to be diagnosed found out all firmware was wiped on rc somehow, they had to replace rc

The shop wiped the firmware off your RC??? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean they BROKE your RC during the repair and therefore charged YOU for a new one?

& it all works now so I would try another rc if you can get a hold of one to test

His RC connects to his bird and since he replaced the cable, his RC connects to his iPhone. So why would he replace the RC?

Very confusing thread, this is....

D

The bird was "connected" to what? The RC??

Yes rc & bird was connected & could fly just no data at all like OP

The shop wiped the firmware off your RC??? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean they BROKE your RC during the repair and therefore charged YOU for a new one?

No shop said there was no firmware showing in rc I dont know how that happened & they couldnt fix it so replaced now all is good

His RC connects to his bird and since he replaced the cable, his RC connects to his iPhone. So why would he replace the RC?

Missed that part if its connected no need to replace rc just thought maybe OP problem might be similar to mine

Very confusing thread, this is....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop