Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

INSPIRE 1 - X3 CAMERA AWFUL JELLO EFFECT

Reaction score
Folks, please we need help,

We have an aerial image enterprise, and we mostly use the Ispire 1 to work and acquire footage. Since last firmware upgrade (i dont know if it has something to do with the issue) the machine worked fine, awsome images. Suddenly started an horrible jello effect in every video. We tried a lot of stuff and nothing helped.

Facts:
The firmware is the latest
All props are balanced
The aircraft never suffered falls or any crashes
We always use ND filter to improve quality and decrease shutter speed
The compass and all sensors okay (we did calibration several times to exclude this possibility)
Inspire flies perfectly, nothing seems to be wrong
We tried the T joints fix (some people say that because they are a little bit loose somethimes it could influence in jello)
Tried to change the rubbers of the gimbal and same result
Changed the gimbal gains to the 3 different preset configurations and again Jello!

We are attaching a video examplo with our inspire's real and raw video.
LINK:

Please help us. And it's not in warranty period anymore. And here in brazil is impractible send back to DJI due our borders issues, customs and taxes.

We need a practical and doable solution.

Thank you very much.

Props are balanced? Gimbal mount and shock absorbers are OK? Camera is balanced? Compass and everything else is calibrated?

Edit: overlooked that you checked most of it..

Chris

The T joint fix could be a factor... DJI says that joint is supposed to have a bit of slop in it... It's designed that way. By making that a solid join you may be contributing to transferring extra vibration from the motors to the whole system. This could also affect the IMU which could affect the gimbal itself.
I'm speculating here.....

Reactions: Kilrah
The T joint fix could be a factor... DJI says that joint is supposed to have a bit of slop in it... It's designed that way. By making that a solid join you may be contributing to transferring extra vibration from the motors to the whole system. This could also affect the IMU which could affect the gimbal itself.
I'm speculating here.....

Yes, I thought so. But after I managed to make the joints and arms rock solid, I tested and the same effect was occuring, then I came back and reverted the process, and let the arms as original, with this little slob you said. I read in some place a DJI engineer saying that it was supposed to be there, intentionally. So, its not the T joint the issue in this particular case.

Folks, please we need help,

We have an aerial image enterprise, and we mostly use the Ispire 1 to work and acquire footage. Since last firmware upgrade (i dont know if it has something to do with the issue) the machine worked fine, awsome images. Suddenly started an horrible jello effect in every video. We tried a lot of stuff and nothing helped.

Facts:
The firmware is the latest
All props are balanced
The aircraft never suffered falls or any crashes
We always use ND filter to improve quality and decrease shutter speed
The compass and all sensors okay (we did calibration several times to exclude this possibility)
Inspire flies perfectly, nothing seems to be wrong
We tried the T joints fix (some people say that because they are a little bit loose somethimes it could influence in jello)
Tried to change the rubbers of the gimbal and same result
Changed the gimbal gains to the 3 different preset configurations and again Jello!

We are attaching a video examplo with our inspire's real and raw video.
LINK:

Please help us. And it's not in warranty period anymore. And here in brazil is impractible send back to DJI due our borders issues, customs and taxes.

We need a practical and doable solution.

Thank you very much.
Take the Inspire up for a flight of around 3 or 4 minutes or so, just let it hover at around 10 feet in front of you. Then bring it into land and immediately after stopping the motors check the temperature of each one (check with you fingers or you can use an IR thermometer).
See if any one motor is noticeably hotter than the others.
Also check the resistance of each motor (when warm) by turning by hand with props on.
If one is stiffer and/or harder to turn I would suspect a bad bearing. (They do not always make a noise when they are going bad).
The other possibility is a bad/contaminated gimbal motor or bearing.

I have been reading alot on this now, and since my inspire was out of warranty I thought I would give it a go my self with T joint fix.
I have balanced props and had just a little bitt of jello effect some times that would be awesome to be rid of.

Put a little bit of tape on it and got it perfect.
Right away I noticed that some times it started to jello/vibrate alot in gimball mounting plate.
Gave the Inspire a little push/correction on the sticks to disturbe the vibration, and it went away.

Flew it outside for 3-5 minutes, and no problem. But suddenly it was like an earthquake on my ipad screen.
So it like the say that it should be a little play. Took the tape away and no problems again.

What became of your issue?

Mine also started to show jello. I bought a new camera and all was well again.
The stabilizer in your camera is f00ked. Not much you can do other than buy a new
camera when you're out of warranty.
Sorry mate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08