Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 X3, Pano Problems with Both Litchi and Dronepan

Reaction score
I do Panos a lot with my P4 with both Litchi and Dronepan. When I attempt to do one with my Inspire 1 Version 1 with either app, the drone starts to take images and shortly after drifts 20 feet or so then tries to reestablish position a bit but then continues to wander off while still capturing images. I eventually switch back to P mode and land. Any ideas? Thanks

I do Panos a lot with my P4 with both Litchi and Dronepan. When I attempt to do one with my Inspire 1 Version 1 with either app, the drone starts to take images and shortly after drifts 20 feet or so then tries to reestablish position a bit but then continues to wander off while still capturing images. I eventually switch back to P mode and land. Any ideas? Thanks
It's well known and normal behavior (bug) of Inspire 1, which - for whatever reason - can't hold the position while shooting pano. Can't do nothing about :( ...

Confirming what Dobmatt has said. There was a pano app for the Inspire 1 but it has not been available for years. It was written by a person in Eastern Europe somewhere. Try setting up Litchi so the camera rotates and not the aircraft. That is how that old pano app worked. Sometimes the landing gear gets in the way depending on what type of pano you are shooting, but you can manually retake those shots by turning the aircraft and re shooting those three shots.

Confirming what Dobmatt has said. There was a pano app for the Inspire 1 but it has not been available for years. It was written by a person in Eastern Europe somewhere. Try setting up Litchi so the camera rotates and not the aircraft. That is how that old pano app worked. Sometimes the landing gear gets in the way depending on what type of pano you are shooting, but you can manually retake those shots by turning the aircraft and re shooting those three shots.
Long time ago I've spent a big deal of time and researched the issue to death, trying to persuade Inspire 1 to shot panorama reliably. I've tested virtually all applications available at this time ... None produced useable sequence to deal with, no matter what settings. Litchi team responded with statement about FW bug, which doesn't allow Inspire 1 to hold hovering position reliably during panorama. She will shot full single 360 row in P-mode, switch to ATTI and drift with the wind, switch back to P-Mode to shot next row, and so on. No can do, confirmed with two Inspires. Phantom 3 Pro worked fine ...

BTW, Litchi Pano mode works perfectly and efficiently with Inspire 2, using rotating gimbal option.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Long time ago I've spent a big deal of time and researched the issue to death, trying to persuade Inspire 1 to shot panorama reliably. I've tested virtually all applications available at this time ... None produced useable sequence to deal with, no matter what settings. Litchi team responded with statement about FW bug, which doesn't allow Inspire 1 to hold hovering position reliably during panorama. She will shot full single 360 row in P-mode, switch to ATTI and drift with the wind, switch back to P-Mode to shot next row, and so on. No can do, confirmed with two Inspires. Phantom 3 Pro worked fine ...

BTW, Litchi Pano mode works perfectly and efficiently with Inspire 2, using rotating gimbal option.
Thank You Dobmatt I remember when the earlier version of Dronepan worked fine a few years ago. Back then only the gimbal moved and the drone stayed in place. Even tried the Hangar 360 app and had the same results. Crazy! I appreciate your time to respond.

Thank You for your reply....

Thank You Dobmatt I remember when the earlier version of Dronepan worked fine a few years ago. Back then only the gimbal moved and the drone stayed in place. Even tried the Hangar 360 app and had the same results. Crazy! I appreciate your time to respond.
It is impossible to know what, when and why went wrong with a particular DJI drone after a particular firmware update. There's absolutely no pattern here, no way to predict anything. Bottom line: while my Inspire 1 Pro stubbornly refused to perform panoramic shooting, the other one with older (different) firmware may work just fine. That's the reality of this cutting edge, insanely complex technology ...

Reactions: Refminus10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb