Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 & Zenmuse Z3 & Dji Goggles

Reaction score
I want to use my Inspire 1, with it's Z3 camara & DJI Goggles for construction inspections.

In broad terms, the idea is that I will be the pilot, my client will "fly" the camera and the goggles inspect the construction.

Can I please get some ideas / feedback

1. I take it I need to use 2 controllers.
2. The slave controller - must it have a tablet attached to it, in order to manipulate the camera?
3. Keep in mind - with (2) - The client will not use the tablet to "view" - I want him to use the Goggles - much better picture and "feeling" while inspecting.
4. HOW - must I link all this up? Must a use a HDMI cable on the slave controller to the goggles - or?
5. Anyone try this before?

In a nutshell, I believe doing THIS will give the client a much more enjoyable experience, as just to look at pictures you took.

Any views please

Last edited:
Not a must on using a second controller. If your clients have never used any rc products before they may have a problem using the controller to move the camera around anyways. That and how do you use the zoom function with goggles on. I agree that the goggles are great for clarity especially in the sun but I think it would be easier just get a longer USB cord and use your tablet and when they want to move the camera around they can just drag their finger around on the screen to move the camera around where they want. Then if they find a spot they need better clarity run your mini hdmi cord off of your controller to the goggles and they can view thru them. That's just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your input..

just to be clear I understood..

the client move the camara on MY controller? if that is what you propose, I see a risk that I do not see any telemetry??

I agree that the mini HDMI can be linked from my controller to the goggles ..

I did not fly with a 2nd controller as yet,but as far as I understood the only way to control the camara in 'free mode' is on a tablet, not with joysticks? maybe I am wrong?

You can control the camera with the sticks of the slave controller or thru the app hooked to the master or slave controller . If you do have a slave controller already by all means use it. If you do not have one yet you do not necessarily need one to get the job done. Some people rely heavily on being able to watch everything going on,on the screen. Having both a master and slave would be the ideal candidate to do the job with a screen/tablet on each so you can watch the battery and adjust camera settings if needed.

Plus if the client has never used goggles for flying or anything fpv chances are they may start to feel a little sick to their stomach at first or may even loose their balance a bit till they get use to it. Goggles disorient a lot of people at first. Just things to think about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide