Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 coming soon 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
HI all,

I've been rather detached from this forum for a while. I do recall reading something about one or more members catching a glimpse of the I2 and you sounded impressed. I think one of you even said to expect something in April 2016.

I suppose you're bounded by an NDA. So I know you can't comment. But can anyone else chime in? I am curious if they are changing the battery? With all the work that has been done on the x3 - x5raw camera systems, I think its safe to say that those cameras will carry over. But owning 6 batteries - well, one can hope that they will work on the new system. One can hope right?

with them releasing the inspire pro x5r...for them to turn around so shortly and release an inspire 2 would be crazy...but it's dji, no one ever knows anything.

I would also be mad. I've only had my inspire pro for almost a month now! :p

with them releasing the inspire pro x5r...for them to turn around so shortly and release an inspire 2 would be crazy...but it's dji, no one ever knows anything.

I would also be mad. I've only had my inspire pro for almost a month now! :p
It'll still be aninspire pro even iff they bring out inspire 2 lol, you'll have the advantage of experience with it :)

Hi to all members,

As a newby, this is my first post.

Three weeks after I bought my Phantom 3 Professional, the price dropped 20% and two more weeks later the Phantom 4 came out. Talking about being lucky... ;-(

I want to buy the Inspire Pro Black, but I am somewhat uneasy for what happened to the Phantom 3 Pro might happen to the Inspire as well.

I expect the Inspire (2?), as the Phantom 4, to be equipped with some sort of obstacle avoidance system, hopefully also on the sides and rear, beacaus as you fly sideways with the Phantom 4 it is completely blind. Lets hope DJI tests the sytem in the Phantom 4 and embeds an improved version in the new Inspire!

As it turnes out, the Phantom now has a lifespan of about a year for a new generation to come out. Does anyone know what time span this is for the Inspire?

Here we can not buy the bigger TB48 battery anymore. Does anyone know why?

Thanks! R.

I hope we perfect the ones we have before we build new ones. New models don't always mean better models. Although the Phantom 4 is impressive so far.
And why do you think the Phantom 4 is impressive?
If you're thinking the forward motion collision avoidance system is the end all of all problems then you clearly don't know what flying is all about!
A seasoned pilot would NEVER use that technology. It is only a gimmick that DJI hopes to capitalize on to the uneducated masses.
Sideways and backwards sensors would help the novice but at the same time, it would give novices a false sense of security in that they would think the drone can;t crash and as a result would lead to careless flying causing crashes anyway and putting another nail in the drone coffin.

I hope DJI, for the love of anything, will NOT put this technology on the new Inspire.

Hi to all members,

As a newby, this is my first post.

Three weeks after I bought my Phantom 3 Professional, the price dropped 20% and two more weeks later the Phantom 4 came out. Talking about being lucky... ;-(

I want to buy the Inspire Pro Black, but I am somewhat uneasy for what happened to the Phantom 3 Pro might happen to the Inspire as well.

I expect the Inspire (2?), as the Phantom 4, to be equipped with some sort of obstacle avoidance system, hopefully also on the sides and rear, beacaus as you fly sideways with the Phantom 4 it is completely blind. Lets hope DJI tests the sytem in the Phantom 4 and embeds an improved version in the new Inspire!

As it turnes out, the Phantom now has a lifespan of about a year for a new generation to come out. Does anyone know what time span this is for the Inspire?

Here we can not buy the bigger TB48 battery anymore. Does anyone know why?

Thanks! R.
They better not come out with the gimmick known as collision avoidance on the Inspire!

Reactions: Ftolino
While I respect everyones opinion that flies I have to say I have been flying for 35 years and I have flown and currently fly professionally as well. I never said it was the end all be all of anything. I said I'm impressed with it so far. It's much better than the Matrice avoidance system. It would have been much better with avoidance all around. I think any type technology that improves safety and collision avoidance is a good thing and I will continue to state my opinion as I wish. I said and I quote "DJI neads to perfect what they have before introducing new birds". I have flown the P4 extensively and I'm happy with its performance thus far. My opinion may change if it does not do well long term, time will tell. What works for one doesn't for the other, so what works for you may not for me. This is what makes this world a great place. No one has to read, follow or even like what I say but I will continue to say it as I feel true. DJI will in the end do as it wishes as I hope they do. Overall I have been very happy with the performance of all my DJI birds even though there are problems from time to time. Any one who knows me knows I have the best of intentions and I respect everyone in everything I do. Your post is argumentative and condescending and this will be my only response to your comments as they deserve nothing more. There are ways we should address one another and that's with respect. So I respectfully disagree with you. Enough said!!!!!!! I wish you the best.

If you're thinking the forward motion collision avoidance system is the end all of all problems then you clearly don't know what flying is all about!
A seasoned pilot would NEVER use that technology. It is only a gimmick that DJI hopes to capitalize on to the uneducated masses.
Sideways and backwards sensors would help the novice but at the same time, it would give novices a false sense of security in that they would think the drone can;t crash and as a result would lead to careless flying causing crashes anyway and putting another nail in the drone coffin.

I hope DJI, for the love of anything, will NOT put this technology on the new Inspire.

Dismissing technical improvements like obstacle avoidance on the Inspire 2 or later is as ignorant as what 'good drivers' thought about seat belts, ABS, ESP and airbags as they came available in cars. Sure one can do without, one can switch them off. But in general they make life easier and safer in emergencies for that matter.

Even seasoned pilots occasionally crash into things. Would the obstacle avoidance be better at 360 degrees? sure. But this is good. Also, I think the the OI sensors were really designed for the subject tracking, which IS a great feature.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
I still believe an "Inspire 2 Pro Raw" is in the near future and that it will feature the X5R on an improved Inspire airframe (all black) with some sort of obstacle avoidance. I have been wondering if the movable landing gear may put some challenge in incorporating an avoidance system but, I'm sure they could figure that out. I'm going to sit on my wallet for another few months before making the dive but, see a MFT craft in my future.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Where did you hear (here) this???

On the DJI site under TB48 it says: "This item is not available in your country". Goes for all European countries as far as I know.

Something with shipping on airfreight I heared. Or a new model comes out soon? With DJI you never know...

On the DJI site under TB48 it says: "This item is not available in your country". Goes for all European countries as far as I know.

Something with shipping on airfreight I heared. Or a new model comes out soon? With DJI you never know...

that is due to restrictions shipping LIPO packs over 100WH on aircraft, this has recently changed again after all the Hoverboard fuss.

The TB48 has to be slow boat to EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue