Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 controller battery life?

Reaction score
I recently bought a lightly used inspire 2 with the standard GL6D10A controller. It seems like after about 2 sets of battery swaps flying the Inspire 2 the controller is around 15% charge. Is this normal for the controller battery to discharge so quickly? I am use to the controller batteries on my phantom 4 pro v2.0 and Mavic 2 pro lasting a lot longer than the controller for the Inspire seems to.

What kind of battery life are you getting on your controller?

I believe that is actually a defective controller. All the DJI Remotes suffer from this. There may be a defective chip in the main board of the controller. I have a similar issue with mine. Only charges to 3 lights and never gets to 4. Does yours start out with 4 lights or does it only charge to 2 or 3 lights. If you can fully charge it to all 4 lights then it might be the battery. If it won't fully charge it is the main board

I believe that is actually a defective controller. All the DJI Remotes suffer from this. There may be a defective chip in the main board of the controller. I have a similar issue with mine. Only charges to 3 lights and never gets to 4. Does yours start out with 4 lights or does it only charge to 2 or 3 lights. If you can fully charge it to all 4 lights then it might be the battery. If it won't fully charge it is the main board

I am guessing it is batteries as I get all 4 lights. I am thinking of taking it to some place that can check out the batteries.

I am guessing it is batteries as I get all 4 lights. I am thinking of taking it to some place that can check out the batteries.
I recently bought a lightly used inspire 2 with the standard GL6D10A controller. It seems like after about 2 sets of battery swaps flying the Inspire 2 the controller is around 15% charge. Is this normal for the controller battery to discharge so quickly? I am use to the controller batteries on my phantom 4 pro v2.0 and Mavic 2 pro lasting a lot longer than the controller for the Inspire seems to.

What kind of battery life are you getting on your controller?
Hello... If the controller charges and shows the 4 leds on, on the one hand it indicates that the battery is charging to the maximum, however this does not mean that the battery is good or bad. Perhaps the option is to change the battery and see how it behaves with a new battery at 100% charge... If it continues to discharge fast, then it is a problem with the integrated on/off and card charging, there are videos on YouTube that They tell you which is the integrated, most of the time it is solved by heating the integrated with a heat gun to re-solder its connections, protecting the other components by isolating them with a protective tape against heat. I hope this information helps you. As data, the charge of an Inspire 2 controller using it for 1 hour or so spends 25% of the battery charged at 100%... I use my 6 batteries and that charge spends the RC, I use my IPad or my CrystalSky, devices that do not they drain the RC battery. Greetings.

Reactions: Droneted
Hello... If the controller charges and shows the 4 leds on, on the one hand it indicates that the battery is charging to the maximum, however this does not mean that the battery is good or bad. Perhaps the option is to change the battery and see how it behaves with a new battery at 100% charge... If it continues to discharge fast, then it is a problem with the integrated on/off and card charging, there are videos on YouTube that They tell you which is the integrated, most of the time it is solved by heating the integrated with a heat gun to re-solder its connections, protecting the other components by isolating them with a protective tape against heat. I hope this information helps you. As data, the charge of an Inspire 2 controller using it for 1 hour or so spends 25% of the battery charged at 100%... I use my 6 batteries and that charge spends the RC, I use my IPad or my CrystalSky, devices that do not they drain the RC battery. Greetings.
Thank you. I didn’t know that discharge rate was normal and I will try your suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop