Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 controller got almost to big to handle

Reaction score
I used to have major connection issues with my Inspire 2,
so I decided to add a high powered directional antenna! (4Hawsk Raptor XR)
I now have a rock solid signal - as long as the controller is pointing in the general direction of the drone.
Drawback - look at the pictures - including the large Crystalsky my Controller has become a monster.
Should have probably gone for the smaller version of the antenna ! Anybody else has such a heavy setup?

Attachments

• Inspire2_4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • Inspire2_5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
I used to have major connection issues with my Inspire 2,
so I decided to add a high powered directional antenna! (4Hawsk Raptor XR)
I now have a rock solid signal - as long as the controller is pointing in the general direction of the drone.
Drawback - look at the pictures - including the large Crystalsky my Controller has become a monster.
Should have probably gone for the smaller version of the antenna ! Anybody else has such a heavy setup?
It looks now almost like my Cendence with patch antenna and CS with hood! That is even heavier than standard controller. I do not use the hood to make it at least a bit lighter. For longer jobs I use lanyard or just use stick antennas. In my case I did not observe too much of an improvement with patch directional antenna.

Thatsabigrig! I opted for rolling back the firmware and installing the 32-channel hack. Rock solid video and telemetry on all my drones.

D

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Why dont you mount the booster to the crystal shade upright might be easier to handle

Attachments

• IMG_8835.JPG
    IMG_8835.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: Phil DeVore
You need a Secraft Transmitter Tray and harness Secraft Transmitter Tray for DJI , from @Florida Drone Supply

That is a nice setup, I wish I had gone for the smaller version of my booster antenna.....at least I have a great signal though - which I am sure you do have too.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44