Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 controller will not hold new 10.5" ipad :-(

Ody

Reaction score
Well today was announcement day for new Apple iPads.
I've been using a iPad Air (version 1)(9.7") for the past few years. Been great, no issues.
Was just looking forward to the slight screen size increase, faster processor, anti-glare, and a few other nice upgrades.

So I just started comparing the size specs of the 10.5" ipad.
From the Apple site:
Width 6.8 inches (174.1 mm)

From the DJI site: Inspire 2 controller...
Max Mobile Device Width 170 mm

Frustrating.
And the little tablet extender slide on things don't look all that interesting.
Guess if I want to play with the latest table, I don't have much of a choice though.
DJI -> 2 more clicks on the table holder extender, please!!!
(1 for the added size, 2nd for the case that I'd like to have the tablet in)
(although I fly in pretty hot conditions, so removing the case helps keep the tablet cooler)

Am I overlooking something else that is available to mount something slightly larger?

There are some holders for the even the larger 12 inch iPads. I am sure this one will be no different. A bit of Googling should yield the answers you need.

Well today was announcement day for new Apple iPads.
I've been using a iPad Air (version 1)(9.7") for the past few years. Been great, no issues.
Was just looking forward to the slight screen size increase, faster processor, anti-glare, and a few other nice upgrades.

So I just started comparing the size specs of the 10.5" ipad.
From the Apple site:
Width 6.8 inches (174.1 mm)

From the DJI site: Inspire 2 controller...
Max Mobile Device Width 170 mm

Frustrating.
And the little tablet extender slide on things don't look all that interesting.
Guess if I want to play with the latest table, I don't have much of a choice though.
DJI -> 2 more clicks on the table holder extender, please!!!
(1 for the added size, 2nd for the case that I'd like to have the tablet in)
(although I fly in pretty hot conditions, so removing the case helps keep the tablet cooler)

Am I overlooking something else that is available to mount something slightly larger?

You can get the Secraft Transmitter Tray, they have a bracket that will allow you to mount the new iPad plus several accessories mounts. Here is one of my trays with an iPad mini and focus wheel, I have the medium sized bracket. You will need a harness/neck strap also which are very comfortable for extended use. Michael @Florida Drone Supply stocks these.

FW.jpg .

You can get the Secraft Transmitter Tray, they have a bracket that will allow you to mount the new iPad plus several accessories mounts. Here is one of my trays with an iPad mini and focus wheel, I have the medium sized bracket. You will need a harness/neck strap also which are very comfortable for extended use. Michael @Florida Drone Supply stocks these.

View attachment 14093 .

Here is a link to all the secraft products we carry. To accomplish what is mentioned above simply get the tray, harness and mobile grip holder. When selecting the mobile grip just make sure to get the large or XL. They can hold full size iPads or even the large iPad Pro.

Secraft

Thanks!

i planned to do the same.

saw the report saying samsung 10.1 with dimension of 243.1 x 171.4 x 7.3 mm works.

I guess we can trim the foam 1-2mm each side and it should fit

I ended up ordering the Polar Pro adapter.
Fingers crossed its a nice tight fit and feels stable.

And I guess the next obstacle to cross will be the sun shade/hood.
The one I have for the 9.7" iPad is probably not going to fit the 10.5" pro.
Will cross that bridge when I get there.

Until then...
Flying to the Turks & Caicos islands in the morning for a week of fun with the I2 out over the water and along the beach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin